NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Client channel change problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
From a client PC (either W7 or 8.1), I can watch or record a channel, but as soon as I try to change the channel (channel up/down or numeric entry) either from KB or remote, the screen freezes up and channel does not change. Checking task manager, i find that the CPU is pegged at 100% - this with Intel icore5-4690K quad core CPU running at 3.9 ghz.

Any ideas?
Upgrade needed... my i7 client has no problems...Big GrinBig Grin
What process is using all the CPU?
the process = NextPVR.exe *32

on client 1, watching task manager before during and after the channel change, nextpvr takes ~2% cpu, about 5 seconds after the channel change, the nextpvr process jumps way up. this morning, after a fresh reboot of both server and client, the cpu is jumping from 2% to 52% after channel change and Live TV freezes.

Using HDHR prime, client 1 pc = i5-4690K @3.9, 8 gb ram, radeon R9-280

on a 2nd client, Intel E8400 dual core duo @3.0 ghz, windows 8.1, same thing happens, but cpu pegs out completely at 100%, again it is the nextpvr.exe *32 process causing the pegging.

Server pc = A4-5000 APU quad core, 4gb memory, running W7. process NRecord.exe is running between 0-1%. No problem changing channels on the server PC while watching TV.

NEWA works fine changing channels on either client.
I'm not really sure what to suggest on that one. Have you tried different decoders?
Each is using a different client from each other.
C1 (W7) is using default MS video decoder for mpeg1 and cyberlink audio
C2 (W8.1) is using ffdshow for video and default MS for audio

note, on both client1 and client2, when running in server mode, the same exact decoders are used and the channel change functions works flawlessly

Is there a more comprehensive guide to setup clients available other than the material in the wiki?
question, in the settings (Misc section), where should the Live TV buffer be pointing, local machine or server?
2leftfeet Wrote:question, in the settings (Misc section), where should the Live TV buffer be pointing, local machine or server?
This setting isn't used on a client.
2leftfeet Wrote:Is there a more comprehensive guide to setup clients available other than the material in the wiki?
Sorry, no there isn't.
I can try looking into this when I'm back in New Zealand.
Pages: 1 2 3 4