NextPVR Forums

Full Version: IPTV questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've spent a couple of hours reading about IPTV and trying to watch a channel and have had no luck. I have a Prime tuner which says it has an IPTV tuner but I haven't been able to see anything but a blank screen. Is anyone able to provide me with basics on this topic or even better, provide me with a link that actually works? This is nothing critical...I'm just curious. I know you say NPVR only wants a udp address but other than that fact I'm having no luck. Does anyone have a list of addresses that will work on NPVR? Again, I'm just curious about this subject but am having no luck finding out anything.
You don't use the IPTV tuner option with the HDHR Prime. This is a different sort of technology. As long as you've SiliconDust software on your machine, then you should see an 'HDHR' device listed on your Settings->Devices screen. You need to use this.

The IPTV option is really for those few people that are on cable networks that multicast their television over UDP.
OK, thanks. That probably explains why I was getting nothing but a blank screen! My Prime works great with NPVR. I just kept seeing the term IPTV and wondered what it was about.
When I try to set up the NextPVR PVR client in Kodi 15.0 and i back out of it, it won't keep the server address of 127.0.0.1 even after hitting done. I am trying to record using the NEXTPVR client. Any suggestions? I am using an android tablet is that makes a difference.
Carygolfer Wrote:When I try to set up the NextPVR PVR client in Kodi 15.0 and i back out of it, it won't keep the server address of 127.0.0.1 even after hitting done. I am trying to record using the NEXTPVR client. Any suggestions? I am using an android tablet is that makes a difference.
Do you have NextPVR setup and running on your PC? You need to do this before you attempt to setup the NextPVR addon in Kodi.

If you're running on an Android tablet, it definitely wont be 127.0.0.1, since that means "localhost", and you definitely don't have the NextPVR setup and running on your tablet (it's a Windows applications, so will be running on a PC elsewhere on your network).