NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Bug fix request for Program details on a deleted channel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
IN the web console trying to view the details of a program that was recorded on a channel that is no longer on the system causes an error

within details2.aspx.cs when the lookup Channel.LoadByOID returns nothing it then errors on the channel.name property
lines 200, 345, 508

2 out of the 3 main objects still have the channel name property
so I did a quick test on the LoadByOID function to see if the response is Null, then return the other details.

I have the code if wanted

T
topcat Wrote:IN the web console trying to view the details of a program that was recorded on a channel that is no longer on the system causes an error

within details2.aspx.cs when the lookup Channel.LoadByOID returns nothing it then errors on the channel.name property
lines 200, 345, 508

2 out of the 3 main objects still have the channel name property
so I did a quick test on the LoadByOID function to see if the response is Null, then return the other details.

I have the code if wanted

T

Zip up your .cs code for details2 and post it. I will take a look.
.cs attached
Thanks.... Why are you doing this when the Channel object is null.... you are setting the channel number to the object id of the old channel.... not really any value in that that I can see. The other code makes sense.

showChannelNumber.Text = Convert.ToString(scheduledRecording.ChannelOID);
The channel object is returned null when the old channel id lookup fails

I grabbed the name from the recording object

I pushed the old channel id number back to the showchannelnumber box purley for debug purposes.
after I had this working I then manually edited the DB to update the old recordings with the new channel ID numbers
topcat Wrote:The channel object is returned null when the old channel id lookup fails

I grabbed the name from the recording object

I pushed the old channel id number back to the showchannelnumber box purley for debug purposes.
after I had this working I then manually edited the DB to update the old recordings with the new channel ID numbers

I did add your code to the base code except for the move of the channel OID. So it will be in releases moving forward.

Thanks for your work.

Cheers.
This was implemented in the latest release of NEWA.