NextPVR Forums

Full Version: HDHR4 playback issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm in the process of setting up a new computer to run NPVR (3.4.8). The computer is a NUC i3 (5th gen) and records from an HDHR4 (wired).

I'm having problems with playback of recorded shows. The system appears to record the entire show, but NPVR will stop partway through playback and the dialog pops up saying the recording has been watched to completion. The recordings playback normally using JRiver Media Center.

I've tried the recordings in my old system (3.3.8) and get the same result.

I'm using SAF for the system decoders and have tried v6.23 and the beta v6.30 without any success.

I found an old thread that recommended changing the HDHR Setup BDA compatibilty from "NextPVR" to "Default" and tried that without any success. I've also tried cycling through the various decoders, but the problem persists.

I've attached the logs from my most recent playback attempt. Please let me know if I can provide any other information.

Thanks in advance,
pete
Is it a recording or a playback issue? ie, does the complete recording made by NextPVR play fine in another player?

If it's a playback issue, it'll almost probably related to the decoders you're using. During playback, does NextPVR's timeline report the full duration or a shorter duration?
It is a playback issue. The file plays back completely in another player.

NPVR's timeline reports shows the full recording time.

I'm using the default SAF decoders.

Regards,
pete
widman Wrote:NPVR's timeline reports shows the full recording time.
and what happens with the timeline when this playback stops? ie if you're moving the mouse to keep the timeline visible, does it all of sudden jump from half way to the end?
When I move the mouse onto the timeline and click to skip, the program pauses for a while and then the "Watched to Completion" dialog pops up. The timeline doesn't change from the last playback position.

This happens without skipping as well.
You might to put the recording somewhere I can download it from so I can try it here.
I'll figure out where to post it and let you know.

Thanks for the help.
I have also seen this happening with a single recording made with an usb dvb-c tuner. Just one occurrence thou.
A few recordings have worked properly, but most won't play all the way through.
Pages: 1 2