NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Turksat 4a not listed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm unable to find Turksat 4a on satellite listing. Best hit was Turksat 2a 3a. How can I add new satellite?
I've download up-to-date satellites ini file for Turksat 4a from http://satellites-xml.eu/ and replaced with "c:\users\public\NPVR\Tuning\DVB-S\0420 TURKSAT 2A 3A (42.0E).ini". But now I'm getting following exception;

10962,H,16666,34,DVB-S,QPSK
2015-06-24 23:36:10.552 [ERROR][1] Unexpected error in scanning form: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at System.Int32.Parse(String s)
at NShared.DigitalScanningForm.GetTuningString(Int32 frequency, Int32 bandwidth, Int32 sid, Int32 onid, Int32 tsid, Int32 serviceType, Int32 major, Int32 minor, Boolean encrypted)
at NShared.DigitalScanningForm.StartScanning()
at NShared.DigitalScanningForm.DigitalScanningForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at NShared.DigitalScanningForm.WndProc(Message& m)
Can you zip and attach the ini file you used? I'll check what's wrong with it. It looks like something wrong with the format.
Please find the 0420.ini file attached. Also I'm able to run a scan with Modified-0420.ini file by trimming extra columns; but most channels are missing.
fatih Wrote:Please find the 0420.ini file attached. Also I'm able to run a scan with Modified-0420.ini file by trimming extra columns; but most channels are missing.
Can you see if this patch helps? It should.

Stop the software, and replace the dll of the same name with the newer version attached.
sub Wrote:Can you see if this patch helps? It should.

Stop the software, and replace the dll of the same name with the newer version attached.

it works, thanks!

the only problem it could not find all the channels :confused:
Was it a DVB-S2 channel, or DVB-S channel?

Some DVB-S2 devices will not tune S2 channels with out additional information in the tuning file (pilot and rolloff). Most modern DVB-S2 devices don't need this info, and will auto detect it. Order devices couldn't do this.
sub Wrote:Was it a DVB-S2 channel, or DVB-S channel?

Some DVB-S2 devices will not tune S2 channels with out additional information in the tuning file (pilot and rolloff). Most modern DVB-S2 devices don't need this info, and will auto detect it. Order devices couldn't do this.

I'm using TBS6982 as my PVR. Missing channels are mostly DVB-S2; but have some DVB-S channels also.

Also note that I'm able to watch missing channels on DVBViewer. Is there any way to import channel settings to NPVR?
I'd start by picking a DVB-S channel that is missing, and confirm that the frequency/polarity/symrate for that channel are definitely in the set of frequencies scanned by NextPVR. It could be case of simply not having a complete/correct list of frequencies in your ini file.
fatih Wrote:had some Unexpected error in timer_tick: System.IndexOutOfRangeException errors;

2015-06-27 16:11:05.665 [DEBUG][1] 10970,V,30000,56,S2;8PSK
2015-06-27 16:11:05.666 [ERROR][1] Unexpected error in timer_tick: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at NShared.DigitalScanningForm.GetTuningString(Int32 frequency, Int32 bandwidth, Int32 sid, Int32 onid, Int32 tsid, Int32 serviceType, Int32 major, Int32 minor, Boolean encrypted)
at NShared.DigitalScanningForm.timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Please help Sad
In this particular case, it looks like you've got a semi-colon instead of a comma. "10970,V,30000,56,S2;8PSK" instead of "10970,V,30000,56,S2,8PSK"
Pages: 1 2