NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Live TV is not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello,

I installed NextPVR 3.4.8 on a Windows 7 Pro 64bit server. The source is an HD HomeRun Prime. I configured the devices and can see all three tuners with 211 channels each. When I select Live TV, the screen is blank. If I start Windows Media Center, I can what Live TV with no issue. Did I miss something in the configuration?

Thanks

Daryl
Clearly, yes.

Martin
did you setup your video & audio decoders in settings?
2leftfeet Wrote:did you setup your video & audio decoders in settings?

I'm not sure what the decoders should be set to, but I tried different ones hoping that I would find one that worked, but so far, no have.

Daryl
Try watching live tv, then zip and attach your npvr.log and nrecord.log and I'll take a look.
mvallevand Wrote:Clearly, yes.

Sorry about my annoying post, but I thought it that response is kind of what your questions looked like to people like me who want to help. If you search the forum you will so countless responses to similar questions with replies that say try various decoders and upload your logs.

Martin
sub Wrote:Try watching live tv, then zip and attach your npvr.log and nrecord.log and I'll take a look.

Please find log files attached.

Thank you. I appreciate you looking at these for me.

Daryl
You forgot the nrecord.log.

That said, I can see it's using the 'Sonic Cinemaster® VideoDecoder 4.3 (EMC14)' decoder, which I've never seen anyone else using, so I'd start by changing that.
sub Wrote:You forgot the nrecord.log.

That said, I can see it's using the 'Sonic Cinemaster® VideoDecoder 4.3 (EMC14)' decoder, which I've never seen anyone else using, so I'd start by changing that.

HMMM....Wonder how that happened? Never mind. I did a complete fresh re-install. I uninstalled the what I had been working with, cleaned everything out, and reinstalled. As I said earlier, not knowing which decoder to use, I was just trying different ones in hopes that one would work. I left the decoders set to default this time.

These logs are basic with much of it set as default. I did a basic configuration, changed my folder paths and set the EPG source, otherwise I didn't tweak anything.

Please find fresh logs attached.

Thank you

Daryl
rosede Wrote:HMMM....Wonder how that happened? Never mind. I did a complete fresh re-install. I uninstalled the what I had been working with, cleaned everything out, and reinstalled. As I said earlier, not knowing which decoder to use, I was just trying different ones in hopes that one would work. I left the decoders set to default this time.
There isn't really any defaults. When it comes to decoders, NextPVR doesn't include any (since it'd cost $$$ to legally ship them), so it's up to you to set the decoders that it'll use, from those already available on your machine.

So you're now in the situation where it's not finding the decoders it needs. In the USA, you'll typically need MPEG-2 and AC3 decoders. What options do you have listed for those decoders on your machine?
Pages: 1 2 3