NextPVR Forums

Full Version: How do I recover recordings?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The bad news is that I had a disk failure. The good news is that it was all backed up. This was not my main disk but the one that I use to store recordings.

The second bad news is that may have messed up the recovery. Now I need help.

After installing the replacement disk, I restored several of the recordings. To test that all was well, I started up NPVR and was able to view the programs. So, I shut NPVR down and restored the rest of the recordings. Now the bad news. When I restarted NPVR, all I can see are the few "test" recordings that I first restored. I can't see the rest.

How can I get NPVR to recognize all the recordings on the disk?
olbricht Wrote:How can I get NPVR to recognize all the recordings on the disk?

Before you start NextPVR again copy recording-backup.xml, recording-backup.xml1 and recording-backup.xml2 from C:\Users\Public\NPVR to some where safe - If you have a recent backup of this folder even better.
Restore your backups to the same folder structure you had before (for simplicity)
Go into NextPVR Settings/Recordings - Import Recordings button - and browse to the 3 xml files you saved earlier in turn and import.
If one of these xml files is from before the whoopsie you should now have all the Recordings back in the database.
Lao Pan Wrote:Go into NextPVR Settings/Recordings - Import Recordings button - and browse to the 3 xml files you saved earlier in turn and import.

That would be my first choice fix. And there is also ... http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?....VidImport

Backup the database before, during and after any attempt at anything.

Edit: See me ... http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...nced#toc91
They'er back! My recordings are back!

Thank you!

The recording-backup.xml.1 file was the one that did the trick. I'd seen those backup files before but ever knew how to use them.