NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Tuner Busy message
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have Windows 8.1 with 2 Hauppauge 2250 tuners. Channel changes are slow, fast in Media Center and Win TV 8. After 4 changes, system hangs and give the tuner busy message.
Not sure what is going on, looks like 10 second channel changes.
There is some big gaps in your log, and during those the device lease expires because it thinks the application using tuner must have died, so it frees the tuner up.

Can you restart the recording service (to reset the log), then reproduce the problem again, and post all the log files? (npvr.log, nrecord.log ndigitalhost.log)
Thanks, here are the files. Recreated this morning. Interesting problem, only occurs with NextPVR.
The problem is occurring at the following point in your logs. For some reason these steps are taking 30+ seconds on you machine, where normally they'd take a few milliseconds. In the recording service it thinks "I haven't heard from the client in a very long time, so I'm going to assume it no longer needs the tuner".
Quote:2015-07-01 06:49:56.901 [DEBUG][1] SwitchToStream@3
2015-07-01 06:50:34.034 [DEBUG][1] SwitchToStream@4

We've not seen these steps being slow for other users, so I'm not really sure why it would be happening.

Can you create a c:\temp directory, and set HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NPVR\LogSlipFile=1 (DWORD) in the registry, then reproduce the problem again, post the same logs as before, and the additional c:\temp\reader.log.
sub Wrote:The problem is occurring at the following point in your logs. For some reason these steps are taking 30+ seconds on you machine, where normally they'd take a few milliseconds. In the recording service it thinks "I haven't heard from the client in a very long time, so I'm going to assume it no longer needs the tuner".

We've not seen these steps being slow for other users, so I'm not really sure why it would be happening.

Can you create a c:\temp directory, and set HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NPVR\LogSlipFile=1 (DWORD) in the registry, then reproduce the problem again, post the same logs as before, and the additional c:\temp\reader.log.

I don't have that entry in the registry. attached is a jpg file of what is there.
You wont have that registry setting. You'd need to create it.

If you're on a 64 bit version of Windows, you'd create it in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NPVR\LogSlipFile
If you're on a 32 bit version of Windows, you'd create it in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE\NPVR\LogSlipFile
This is what is there. Added the key, but no recorder.log appeared in the C:\temp folder. Did see the TV stations changing as I advanced the channels, until it hung.
Barry
If you don't have that entry, just create one...

note: there is not actually a space between LogSl and ipFile=1 - that's seems to be an 'undocumented feature' in the vBulletin software...

Alex

Damn - too late again...
You must have got something wrong with the registry entry. Show us a screenshot of that registry key.
sub Wrote:You must have got something wrong with the registry entry. Show us a screenshot of that registry key.

Never created the recorder.log file. Does everything look OK?

Thanks Barry
Pages: 1 2