NextPVR Forums

Full Version: The tuner you were using was required for a recording.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm getting this error while trying to watch live TV.

I've attached a log file.

Your help will be appreciated. Thanks.
orelje Wrote:Hi, I'm getting this error while trying to watch live TV.

I don't see an error in the log that you attached. The log that you attached is for 13 July at 01.35 to 01.37.

I suggest that you reboot to stop and start all NextPVR processes and start new log files. Then recreate the problem and then post all of the files that are in the logs folder with a post telling us the time that the problem occurred.

That said ... digital TV is broadcast on each of several frequencies with several channels on each frequency. NextPVR can simultaneously process one frequency per tuner. NextPVR can simultaneously process all of the channels on a frequency if a tuner is available to handle that frequency. So, if you have one tuner and you are watching Live TV on a channel on frequency A and a recording is due to start for a channel on frequency B, then NextPVR will need to re-tune the tuner and interrupt Live TV.
Buy more tuners. If you are on dvb-t I can recommend this tuner: http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/66608...3846634037