NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Black screen for nextpvr main UI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just installed nextpvr to use as my kodi backend. When I first installed it, the main UI windows displayed normally (blue screen with clickable menu choices). After I set up my epg sources and installing my kodi front end addon, the main UI window is now just black. I am able to view live TV in nextpvr and right click on the black screen to access settings. I just separately installed the proper directx needed as per the read before you post sticky. Anyone have a clue? I'm not sure how to upload the log since this has to do with the actual program and not any pvr functions.
On the Settings > General window, if you have changed UI Mode to TV Viewer, change it back to PVR. If that doesn't solve it, logs are in Users\Public\NPVR\Logs.
Yep... It was actually that stupid! I always do that. I'm good with the technical things, but I always seem to mess up something stupid. LOL. Now it appears that I have to deal with black screen while playing live tv and when playing a show through the tv guide, it comes up and starts to play and then freezes.
All set with correcting my codecs. Both live tv and tv guide watching now work well. Both tuners on my Hauppauge wintv dcr 2650 seem to work well with nextpvr now. Picture in picture works as well. Thanks for the help with my silly little problem.