NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Display EPG (all channels) while watching TV?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quick question:

Is it possible to display the EPG (all channels) while watching TV?

My primary TV software for years has been "Windows Media Center", but it is suddenly giving me a world of trouble. It looks like M$ is about to discontinue it. Sad

One of the things I loved about it was the EPG and being able to pull the Listings up while watching TV and switch channels simply by clicking on the current listing.

I know I can display the TV Listings from the launch menu, but I was wondering if there's a way to overly the EPG in NextPVR?
Mugsy323 Wrote:Quick question:

Is it possible to display the EPG (all channels) while watching TV?

My primary TV software for years has been "Windows Media Center", but it is suddenly giving me a world of trouble. It looks like M$ is about to discontinue it. Sad

One of the things I loved about it was the EPG and being able to pull the Listings up while watching TV and switch channels simply by clicking on the current listing.

I know I can display the TV Listings from the launch menu, but I was wondering if there's a way to overly the EPG in NextPVR?

Try F1 Alt-G, and I believe Green and the Guide on remotes.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:Try F1 Alt-G, and I believe Green and the Guide on remotes.

Thanks F1 works (alt-G is Select Audio Stream).

A few quick follow-ups:

1) Is is possible to set a recording from the EPG?

2) Is it possible to launch directly into Live TV (bypassing the Main Menu)?

3) And if so, is it possible to open Live TV to a specific channel?

TIA.
Mugsy323 Wrote:Thanks F1 works (alt-G is Select Audio Stream).

A few quick follow-ups:

1) Is is possible to set a recording from the EPG?

2) Is it possible to launch directly into Live TV (bypassing the Main Menu)?

3) And if so, is it possible to open Live TV to a specific channel?

TIA.

1) Yep, just click on a programme and select the option. CRTL+K might work while it's highlighted too.

2) Yep, the option is in the Settings screen somewhere (don't have NPVR in front of me to check).

3) Not to my knowledge, but it'll always start on the last viewed channel. That in itself will be stored either in config.xml or in the npvr.db3 database file, so if it's not possible you could always write something to update the appropriate value before launching.

Iain
imilne Wrote:> Set record from EPG?
1) Yep, just click on a programme and select the option. CRTL+K might work while it's highlighted too.

> Launch straight to Live?
2) Yep, the option is in the Settings screen somewhere (don't have NPVR in front of me to check).

> Launch to specific channel?
3) Not to my knowledge, but it'll always start on the last viewed channel. That in itself will be stored either in config.xml or in the npvr.db3 database file, so if it's not possible you could always write something to update the appropriate value before launching.

Great, thanks. I'll look into writing a small app to do #3. The feature may sound unimportant, but it's useful so you can Schedule the TV to open right to a particular channel so you don't miss a favorite show when it comes on. WMC can't do this.

Thanks.
Mugsy323 Wrote:Great, thanks. I'll look into writing a small app to do #3. The feature may sound unimportant, but it's useful so you can Schedule the TV to open right to a particular channel so you don't miss a favorite show when it comes on. WMC can't do this.

Thanks.

GBPVR near the end of it's life used to have a great feature (blue EPG scheduling) that would change live tv to a show without recording I really hope sub implements this again one day.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:GBPVR near the end of it's life used to have a great feature (blue EPG scheduling) that would change live tv to a show without recording I really hope sub implements this again one day.

Martin
+1 for that.
Scrolling the wheel mouse in the NextPVR window brings the EPG up for me, ESC to clear it (F1 works too)
Mugsy323 Wrote:Bad news. The "Last Channel" information in "config.xml" does not support sub-channels (only the 2 digit frequency), and "npvr.db3" does not appear to contain anything helpful. So creating a stand-alone app to pre-set the channel won't work. Sad
If you bump this in a few days (when I'll be home back in NZ), I'll fix this and provide you a patch.

Quote:Is NextPVR still in development?
Yes

Quote:It really needs some sort of indicator when it is recording, and the ability to stop a recording without canceling all scheduled future recordings
You can see this, and cancel from the Recording screen.
Mugsy323 Wrote:Bad news. The "Last Channel" information in "config.xml" does not support sub-channels (only the 2 digit frequency), and "npvr.db3" does not appear to contain anything helpful. So creating a stand-alone app to pre-set the channel won't work. Sad
If you bump this in a few days (when I'll be home back in NZ), I'll fix this and provide you a patch.

Quote:Is NextPVR still in development?
Yes

Quote:It really needs some sort of indicator when it is recording, and the ability to stop a recording without canceling all scheduled future recordings
You can see this, and cancel from the Recording screen.
Pages: 1 2