NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Help with PCTV 291e/461e BDA 28179 TVTuner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I'm in the UK and trying out NextPVR and Kodi as a possible replacement for Windows MCE. Have a PCTV 291e USB stick which works fine with MCE enabling me to watch UK Freeview terrestrial digital channels. Have installed latest version of NextPVR and configured it to the point that it has found digital channels (118 in all - both TV and Radio) and have also got EPG working. However, having problems viewing. On some channels I can see the video but get no audio and others it's the other way round (audio but no video). Have installed Kodi and initial testing seems to show it doesn't have same problems. I've attached a zip of the log files. Would appreciate any advice on what might be wrong.
NextPVR does not include decoders, whereas Kodi evidently does (I don't use it myself). Your SD channels are MPEG2 video and MPEG1 audio, your HD channels are H264 video and HE-AAC audio. The SAF6 decoder pack [edit: "unlocked" version] would give you all you need for NPVR: http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?50227-Saf6. However if you plan to do virtually all viewing in Kodi, this might not be necessary.
Thanks - fixed the problem!