NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Kodi keeps losing connection - localhost:8866 connection refused after few hours
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm having a lot of issues keeping NextPVR working on my network. When I do a fresh windows 7 install with HDHomerun and NextPVR I can easily setup NextPVR add-on in Kodi on my nexus player and everything works instantly, at this point the guide is available in my webrowser using localhost:8866 as well. However a few hours later NextPVR in kodi loses connection with the server. NextPVR keeps working fine on server PC but when I try accessing localhost:8866 at that point in the Chrome browser on the mediacenter PC it can no longer access the TV guide either saying "connection refused" (it works within the NextPVR app but not on the browser). I have tried enabling the multicast, upnp, and PPPoE pass through settings in the router, putting the server PC in DMZ on router, swapping routers, disabling windows firewall, and changing windows firewall settings but nothing helps. I have also created a backup image right after setting up the computer and getting everything working, but when i restore to it after it stops working it won't work again.

I have attached my log files hoping someone can help. As far as network, I have Charter cable internet Arris modem connected to DLINK DIR655-router with wired ethernet connections through unmanaged Zyxel GS1100-16 switch to media server PC running windows 7 ultimate, nexus player with ethernet adapter, and HDHomerun prime with Charter Cablecard.

Like I said, I can get everything working fine but for some reason after a few hours it seems like something start blocking the connection. I have no idea what to do at this point and any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve.
Is your NextPVR server set up with a static IP?

Martin
Short answer: yes. I have played around with static and dynamic IP both inside and outside of DMZ on different routers - none of it made a difference. Because in addition to Kodi client losing connection program guide is also no longer available on server PC through web browser (both through localhost:8866 or http://127.0.0.1:8866 ) it makes me wonder if something on the serverpc is blocking the connection. Could Plex server or Teamviewer which are also running on the same server be the reason?

Thanks,
Steve
5tevie Wrote:Short answer: yes. I have played around with static and dynamic IP both inside and outside of DMZ on different routers - none of it made a difference. Because in addition to Kodi client losing connection program guide is also no longer available on server PC through web browser (both through localhost:8866 or http://127.0.0.1:8866 ) it makes me wonder if something on the serverpc is blocking the connection. Could Plex server or Teamviewer which are also running on the same server be the reason?

Thanks,
Steve

It sounds like the web server is either crashing (check Windows event logs) or you have a conflict with a duplicate IP. Probably not firewall typically the would not allow the connection but it is possible. If you are trying to configure the web server for remote internet connections you might be making other errors,

Martin
I am in windows event log but where should I look for issues?
5tevie Wrote:I am in windows event log but where should I look for issues?

Windows application logs.

Martin
I have webserver disabled in NextPVR and am not trying to configure remote internet connection.
Under device settings for network adapter keep this device awake or what ever it's called
I found out that it is some process in NPVR that keeps crashing. After awhile localhost is no longer available and NPVR stops working. Just disabling and re-enabling npvr service doesn't help but if I completely uninstall and re-install (including the registry entries) it works again but than crashes again after awhile. Can anyone help with keeping NPVR alive on my system?