NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Channels Duplicated with Initial ATSC Channel Scan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just tried to upgrade to NPVR, I have been using PVRX2 with MVP for a long time and have been very happy with it (I've resisted making any changes to the DVR set-up for as long as I can). I found out the Raspberry Pi can connect to NPVR though so thought it would be a great time to upgrade.

I have XP SP3 with Hauppaugge 2250 dual tuner and two PVR150 cards. Trying to scan the for the ATSC channels on the 2250 in North America and I get the same channel and sub channels repeated (I believe this is the channel broadcasting at the lowest frequency) and none of the other channels are found. Also, it does the channel scan very quickly (about 1/2 second per frequency, which is must faster than I've seen any other app do). The Hauppauge WinTV app is able to tune to all the channels ok.

I still have PVRX2 running and scheduling recordings, I didn't think there should be any compatibility issues between the two (nothing is recording when I try to do the channel scans).

I cleaned out the log directory, opened NPVR, and tried one ATSC channel scan on the 2250. Logs of this attached.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, can't wait to get the "new" program working (I guess I've been a bit behind).
Thanks for the awesome DVR software!
I'm remembering something about "dvbfix" needed for multiple tuners in XP and having to remove it to scan, but put it back to actually use the software.
johnsonx42 Wrote:I'm remembering something about "dvbfix" needed for multiple tuners in XP and having to remove it to scan, but put it back to actually use the software.

Thanks! That did it. I uninstalled DVBFIX and it scanned ok (well, at least as well as that card has ever been able to pick up channels). I had installed that earlier when trying out another DVR solution and forgot all about it. I think I will try leaving it uninstalled as I could never tell the difference with out without it.
my understanding is that you should expect crashes or bad recordings when multiple tuners are used without dvbfix.