NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Blank screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When I open Live TV I see a picture for a second then it goes blank. I do have sound.
treasuredphotos Wrote:When I open Live TV I see a picture for a second then it goes blank. I do have sound.

Little has changed since ... http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...post452525

Reboot the 'puter to restart NextPVR and start new copies of the logs. Recreate the problem and then zip and attach the logs to a post. Thanks.
What is <AlternateOSDForMissingVideo> set to in your config.xml file?
I believe this is the files you asked for. What is <AlternateOSDForMissingVideo> set to in your config.xml file? I could not find this file. Live picture was working and even recorded with it then when I was trying to get the TV guide to work the blank screen started.

Thanks
config.xml is in c:\users\public\npvr
sub Wrote:config.xml is in c:\users\public\npvr

I believe this is what you asked for
<AlternateOSDForMissingVideo>true</AlternateOSDForMissingVideo>
Try setting it to false. Hopefully that'll solve your problem with the video disappearing.
Did not help now I get Unable to communicate with recording service. Changed it back to true still get Unable to communicate with recording service. Should I uninstall then reinstall?
Try restarting the recording service, after stopping it. There are commands to do this in the NPVR group on the Start menu.
As Mike said above, just restart the recording service or reboot.

If the recording service still doesn't start, it probably means you edit the file incorrectly, and have broken something in the file. In which case, either fix your mistake in the file, or delete the file and have a new one created (you'll need to set your configuration like directories and decoders etc again).
Pages: 1 2