NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NextPVR setup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With Windows 10 WMC, which I have used for many years, going away and I am trying to install NextPVR on Windows 7. My setup is cable comes into home through an small analog box, which is connected to my HaugePauge Tuner card using an IR wire.

1 - Installed nextpvr version 3.4.8
2 - Selected devices from menu
3 - Selected type QAM and it shows device Haugepauge Win TV 885
4 - Selected Device Setup
5 - Selected Scan. Scan goes through 100+ Physicial Channels
6 - No channels found.

What next?
It sounds like you have a tuning adapter (small analog box) that takes the cable in and gives you analog video out on a single, fixed channel. The ir wire is telling the box what channel to tune. If this is the case, you will have a coax cable from the analog box to the tuner card in addition to the ir wire. For analog, you will need some additional software installed, it is in the WinTV software that comes with the tuner. Make sure you have installed that, and then you should see an analog device in the Devices list.

You could also take the cable direct from the wall, plug it into the tuner, and scan for QAM again. You might be lucky and have the local channels in clear QAM. Most of us don't anymore, so have to use an external device/tuner unscramble them.

Then again, you could just stay on Win7 and save the hassle. I don't think that's going away anytime soon.
The analog device will only show up if you have the Hauppauge WinTV software installed.

Since you're using analog from a set top box, you wont scan for channels (since there is only a single physical channel, and it shows different content based on whatever the set top box is tuned to). In this type of setup, you tell it what channels you have available, by either manually adding them, or importing the channel list from Schedules Direct or an XMLTV file.
sub Wrote:The analog device will only show up if you have the Hauppauge WinTV software installed.

jvoracle ... Did you see ... http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...ugeSoftPVR