NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10 - DTS Interactive is Broken - No Sound
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ever since I built the HTPC on XP, Vista and Windows 8/8.1 I have used the Realtek DTS 5.1 Interactive over optical cable to the surround amp for all TV viewing - that way I can have only the SAF LAV Filters for Audio - All DTSHD DolbyTruHD and more importantly AAC 5.1 are converted by LAV to PCM then by DTS Interactive to 5.1 DTS to send to the Amp. That way I get the best sound from the Amp (and the Microsoft Remote controls all the sound)

I upgraded to Windows 10 only to find no sound what so ever - apparently Microsoft broke DTS Interactive (and the Dolby Equivalent) over 5 Months ago, yet still released a broken OS.

Until Microsoft Fix it (They say a fix is coming) anyone have any ideas how to get AAC encoded to dts or Dolby 5.1 to pass to the amp (DTS & Dolby Native now set to bitstreaming) - I had thought of Reclock with ReclockorNot Plugin but that would disable it for live TV.
After 10 days of trying to get surround sound working - it is Microsoft's fault, they admit it. I asked my self do I want another weekend with poor sound - No, so have just re-imaged the C drive with Windows 8.1 from the day before upgrade. Maybe I'll try 10 again in about 3 months after a bit more research to see if they ever fix it.

Windows as a service! - not even an operating system yet.