NextPVR Forums

Full Version: "Act as client PC" setting shared between client and server?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I set up a client PC, and when I checked "Act as client PC" it modified this setting on the server. So, my Pending Recordings list was suddenly empty on the server because it thought it was a client. I unchecked "Act as client PC" on the server to fix it and now this is unchecked on the client now? Shouldn't this be an independent/not shared setting?
Sure, it's only supposed to change the setting on the client. I'll try to reproduce.
Is there some weird thing going on where your configuration file is set to sync in a shared folder
No, but the server's config file is present in the "database share" folder, of course.
Well, it looks like they are sharing the same config file since the one on the client PC hasn't been modified recently? I have disabled the Recording Service on the client PC because I thought it was unnecessary. Could this be the problem?
Last week I installed two Win 10 clients and unticked this on both and the server was fine. Since johnsonx42 told me to trick I always disable the recording service so future updates don't turn it back on.

Martin
Any ideas why my client is writing to the server's shared config file? This would also explain why my server was suddenly recording to the C-drive which quickly ran out of room.
cncb Wrote:Any ideas why my client is writing to the server's shared config file?
No. I spent time looking at client/server stuff in the weekend, including trying to reproduce this, and I wasn't able to. If it's easy for you to reproduce, I could try taking a look at your logs.

Quote:This would also explain why my server was suddenly recording to the C-drive which quickly ran out of room.
I wouldn't think so. What files filled up your C:\ drive?
sub Wrote:I wouldn't think so. What files filled up your C:\ drive?

The server's recording folder was suddenly set to the c drive, the same folder that the client is set to which could be explained by the client writing to the shared config file.
Edit: Never mind. This is can be blamed on the idiot (me) who did a fresh install on Windows 10 and mistakenly modified the data directory in the registry to point to the shared data directory :o. Very sorry about that.