NextPVR Forums

Full Version: DVD playback aspect ratio ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I switched to NextPvr looking for an alternative to XP MCE since their EPG provider switch over in July from Zap2it to Rovi has left XP & Visa media center users without EPG & win 7 & 8 media center users with useless incorrect channel lineups & wrong data.

I am using version 3.48 and aside from the fact that this does not configure its self automatically it only took me a few hours to figure most of it out & get it up & running fairly well.

the only major problem I have ran into is not being able to change the aspect ratio for DVD folder playback as it naturally wants to default to 4:3 the 720x 480 standard & not fill the screen.

in the TV settings I am using a 500pvr dual analog tuner set for 16:9 & to fill the screen & remove letterbox.

however when I play a DVD VIDEO_TS folder (at first it was buggy & would not play properly until I changed the "rendering" method to "overlay" in the DVD settings),

at first I see the normal DVD menu page, then it snaps it wide & out of aspect but I can still navigate the menu even though the highlighted option no longer lines up with the menu graphics it still will activate the desired option.

when play is pushed it will play the video & snap to 4:3 aspect ratio,

I use the HP XP MCE remote & normally the aspect settings are set from a zoom menu by the ("i" more) button however pressing this first gives me a tall skinnier picture to the left side for about 2 seconds then returns me to the DVD menu (something the DVD menu button does not do)

I have tried setting it on the mouse menu options during DVD playback & sometimes I am able to get it to fill the screen but once I exit & re enter it is back to 4:3 also playing with that setting in DVD mode will screw up the setting for live TV & I will get screen flashing in TV mode until I manually reset the aspect ratio from the mouse menu.

is there any way to disable the auto aspect on DVD & set it for 16:9 ?
JoeNezZ Wrote:is there any way to disable the auto aspect on DVD & set it for 16:9 ?
Have you seen this ... http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...dReference

F7 changes aspect ratio ... though this might not be the answer that you are looking for.
Thanks, it helps some but it does not retain setting from one dvd file to another so it really needs to be mapped to a button on the remote as well as a main PVR menu button, currently have to back step back to the main menu