NextPVR Forums

Full Version: PostProcessing.bat not run on Recording Cancel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just FYI, so folks know about it (minor issue) - if a recording is cancelled (stopped), PostProcessing.bat is not being run.

Thanks!
That's correct. It runs PostCancel.bat instead in this case.
Actually, one more thing - the XML file (guide info) is not being output either it seems).
Thanks! Sorry, crossing posts ... Sad. Makes sense - I admit, didn't see that in the "placeholder" file inside Scripts, so just didn't know about it. Sorry!
Ok, I'll add it to placeholder.txt
Thanks - much appreciated!

And on the crossing posts - the XML file is not generated (metadata).

Thanks again.
arrmo Wrote:Thanks! Sorry, crossing posts ... Sad. Makes sense - I admit, didn't see that in the "placeholder" file inside Scripts, so just didn't know about it. Sorry!

Don't forget the wiki http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...Files#toc6

Martin
Thanks!!!
arrmo Wrote:Actually, one more thing - the XML file (guide info) is not being output either it seems).

Do you mean the "per-recording" xml file? If so, I think it is an option that is off by default. The show description is normally kept within the .TS file as a windows alternate data stream. The option of creating a separate file was for things like copying to NAS drives that may not support ADS data.
config.xml can be tweak as below:-
<StoreSeparateMetadataXml>true</StoreSeparateMetadataXml>
Hi,

Yep - I have that option enabled. My point is that it is created if the recording ends "normally", but if stopped (cancelled) manually, then the file is not generated.

Thanks.