NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Live TV won't start
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently installed latest version and think I have done all the necessary configuration. Live TV won't start. I was getting message "can't connect to recording service". The NPVR recording service shows stopped in Task Manager (win7). I can't start it (my login has admin). I see an error in the attached log file. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
Is there an nrecord.log? Hopefully this will tell us why the recording service isn't starting.
There is an nrecord.log but there isn't much there. Can't see anything indicating a problem. I just tried starting live tv again and a new nrecord.log wasn't created. There is a new npvr.log with the same error as the file I attached in my original post.
Maybe try manually running the recording service, to see if we get a more useful error message.

ie, from a command prompt run:

nrecord.exe RUN
When I try nrecord.exe RUN from command prompt I get a Windows error dialog that says a service can't be started from command line and lists several other ways to start a service. I discovered that on the Windows Task Manager Services tab there is a button on the lower right that says Services. This starts a Services control tool and from there I can start the npvr record service. When I do Live TV works and I can record shows. Unfortunately when I started the PC today the recording service showed stopped, so there is something preventing it from starting when the PC boots. Attached is zip file of entire logs directory.
DNixon Wrote:When I try nrecord.exe RUN from command prompt I get a Windows error dialog that says a service can't be started from command line and lists several other ways to start a service.
This usually means the person type 'run' in lower caser. It's got to be uppercase RUN, or you get that message.

Quote:When I do Live TV works and I can record shows. Unfortunately when I started the PC today the recording service showed stopped, so there is something preventing it from starting when the PC boots. Attached is zip file of entire logs directory.
I can't see any obvious error in the logs. Any error shown in the Windows Event Viewer?
perhaps the service is flagged as manual start; have you been into services.msc to see how it's set?
Do you have the Ntray flagged as run as administrator in your startup options? If so uncheck it and retry.

Or better yet is NTRAY in your startup?
The recording service is flagged as automatic startup. For NTRAY what startup options are we talking about. Something in Windows or NPVR?
Do the properties on NTRAY in startup folder (wondows) goto compatibility, and look for the box that says run as administrator