NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Sd + 3.2.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I keep reading about the "non-support" with SD and older versions of npvr, however, I'm still getting the usual 12 days of EPG data from SD and don't want to upgrade if everything is hunky-dory. So is 3.2.8 with SD supported? (sure seems like it to me!)
Schedules Direct has retired the old version of their JSON interface, requiring people to update to NextPVR 3.4.8 to ensure they're using the newer JSON interface.

That said, 3.2.8 is so old, it predated NextPVR using the SD JSON interface. It used to older xml interface. It gives less listing data, and no artwork etc, but should still be working.

I guess there is nothing to stop you from using this older version. If you need help with any problems, you'll need to update to something more current.
Great, thanks for the reply (and the great app!)
I added the following note to my mc2xml sticky:

"Clarification on Schedules Direct support: NextPVR 3.4.8 and later supports the current Schedules Direct JSON service. NextPVR 3.2.9 and older supports the legacy XML service. NextPVR 3.3.8 supports only a retired version of the JSON API and can no longer pull SD listings at all."

In short, 3.3.8 is the only one you can't use if you want SD.
johnsonx42 Wrote:In short, 3.3.8 is the only one you can't use if you want SD.

With 3.3.8 you could still use SD with an XMLTV grabber.

Martin
Right, mc2xml works fine to get SD data and puts it in an xml file. I'm using it this way for a Kodi setup for live TV on a RPi2.
@johnsonx42 thank you for that clarification.