NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Very large log file with NetRadio on MVP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yesterday I listened to some Net Radio through the MediaMVP. I stopped the music by shutting the MVP off (with the remote control). A few hours later I put the MVP on again too see a recording. The display was still on the Net Radio screen, and I navigated away to the Video Library. From that moment on the log file filled up with these messages:
Code:
28-Mar-05 02:55:02.937    VERBOSE    [24]    Closing shoutcast stream
28-Mar-05 02:55:03.000    ERROR    [24]    Error processing shoutcast stream: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
28-Mar-05 02:55:03.109    ERROR    [24]       at aq.g()
28-Mar-05 02:55:03.109    VERBOSE    [24]    Closing shoutcast stream
28-Mar-05 02:55:03.109    ERROR    [24]    Error processing shoutcast stream: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
28-Mar-05 02:55:03.109    ERROR    [24]    Error processing shoutcast stream: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

As you can see the error occurs several times within the same timestamp. I got about 8000 lines/second in the logfile and it won't be much of suprise to you that ultimately the logfile filled up all empty space on my C: drive (23 Gigabyte!).

My questions:
  1. Is Net Radio actually supported at the MediaMVP (or is it a no-go just like the panels on the main menu)
  2. If the answer to question 1a is 'Yes': do you agree this is bug and will it be fixed?
  3. Is there a way to limit the size of the log-file?
1) yes, GB-PVR is compatible with shoutcast radio stations. I've just tried several stations to see if I can reproduce your problem, but I get no errors.
2) If you tell me how to reproduce the error, I'll fix it. Did you add your own non-shoutcast netradio pls file?
3) If wouldn't have fixed your problem, because errors are always reported, but you can change the logging level in the config app.
NetRadio works very well for me on my MVP, and since I can't get playlists working on MyMusic, I spend most of my music listening on NetRadio instead!

Wink
sub Wrote:1) yes, GB-PVR is compatible with shoutcast radio stations. I've just tried several stations to see if I can reproduce your problem, but I get no errors.
2) If you tell me how to reproduce the error, I'll fix it. Did you add your own non-shoutcast netradio pls file?
It happened with the first station from the list, Club 977 (I haven't added many other stations, since I don't seem to be able to get rid of the preconfigured ones: the MSI installer keeps setting them back....).

Unfortunately I haven't been able to reproduce the problem (I did several tests). I have attached the first meg of the big gbpvr.exe.log (I didn't keep the other log files).
I'll write that one down to 'unable to reproduce'...
HenkH Wrote:It happened with the first station from the list, Club 977 (I haven't added many other stations, since I don't seem to be able to get rid of the preconfigured ones: the MSI installer keeps setting them back....).

Here's how you get rid of them:

Go to the NetRadio subdirectory of the c:/Program Files/devnz/GBPVR folder

Open up the .pls file of the ones you want to delete in Notepad, delete everything within the file and then save the file, making sure you save it with the .pls extension (change file type to All Files or it will save it .pls.txt).

This removes them from your list permanently!
pauly666 Wrote:Open up the .pls file of the ones you want to delete in Notepad, delete everything within the file and then save the file!
Thanks, I will try that.