NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NMTInstall.xml File Not Found Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yeah, that's right, I'm looking at NPVR on a PCH A-110. Seriously, Martin, money and nice things unto you. Say the word and tell me how to get it to you.

Now, is there any reason at all to put a hard drive in this thing? I can't think of one.
I wouldn't put a hard disk in it, these are pretty old boxes and don't need the heat. The reason you'd want it would be for more swap space, I've never needed it myself.

For donations, just give to sub, he keeps this whole thing going, which allows me to have fun.

Martin
Done.
I am still running 1.2.9 on an old machine with no tuners that my wife uses to listen to music through an old MVP when she works from home. About half the time, when I fire up the PCH, it picks up that machine and displays the old skin kind of in the upper left hand quadrant of the screen. I can navigate around, but it is loathe to actually play anything. I thought the PCH was totally keyed to the computer with the mvpmc share I set up.
Perhaps you set up config.xml as 1920x1080 instead of the recommended 1280x720 You can have the GUI that high if you'd like but it needs a switch that I can't remember. Video will still play at 1080i/p. The skin is selected in config.xml too.

Martin
Yes, but why is it pulling the GUI from the wrong computer? I start the PCH, pick the mvpmc share, pick the text icon, pick N-PVR.html, and pick N-PVR from the little menu that pops up. Is there something in mvpmcx2 that looks all over the network for a server? And sometimes finds one and sometimes finds the other?
dixxfixx Wrote:Yes, but why is it pulling the GUI from the wrong computer?

There is no just thing a as wrong server, the way zero-conf works if you are running multiple servers it picks the first one. You can force mvpmcx2 to use a specific IP if you'd like via a command line option.

Martin
More interesting: played with it a bit. To start over, I push the big red button on the PCH remote. It would get the GUI from the old computer twice, and then from the new computer three times, then back to the old computer etc. I had three servers running on each. One of the servers on the old computer is always occupied with the old MVP which is always on, so it had two servers available. So apparently the PCH would cycle through the servers one at a time, never picking the same one twice. The new computer is 192.168.1.112, the old one is 116. I set the old computer to one server (which is always occupied) and now the PCH only ever gets GUI from the new computer. Interesting stuff. The MVP, of course, only ever gets attached to the old computer, as chosen from the MVP setup screen.

You can probably tell I'm a tinkerer. I would love to know all the command line options and how to implement them. Are they WIKI'd?
dixxfixx Wrote:You can probably tell I'm a tinkerer. I would love to know all the command line options and how to implement them. Are they WIKI'd?

It's the first server that responds, there is no cycle. Thanks to others like Jaggy yes it is on the wiki http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...UsefulTips

Martin
Pages: 1 2