NextPVR Forums

Full Version: re-use of tuner when travelling.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I have a USB ATSC tuner stick that is connected to an antenna at home.
I am on vacation and wish to use it to tune clearQAM but not matter what I try it finds no channels.
I tried using the usb tuner app (ARCsoft total media) and it works there, finding a boat load of channels but NPVR finds 0 channels after the scan.

I un-checked the enabled box for the ATSC tuner under devices and checked the enabled for QAM.
Do I need to totally delete the ATSC channel mappings in order to use it for QAM?
I also have 2 other tuners which are still back at home if that makes any difference (HD Homerun and Hauppauge cable card tuner).

Thanks for any advice.
If you can do a scan, then post the npvr.log, I'll check.

What tuner is it?

No, you don't have to delete the ATSC channel mappings, but it might make things a little less confusing for you.
it's probably one of several tuners that doesn't switch to QAM in the standard way (lemme guess, KWorld?), so it works fine in the app that came with the tuner but won't be able to tune QAM in NextPVR.
yes it is k world....way back when Comcast used to do clear qam at home, it used to work....
weirdest thing....I swear I tried every combination, including rebooting.
I just tried it again pursuant to your request, and low and behold it worked this time.

“She falls down a well, her eyes go cross. She gets kicked by a mule. They go back. I don’t know.”
you may find that it works in NPVR only after you try it with the arcsoft app; it may kick the tuner into the correct mode, then it stays that way when npvr tries to use it.
WOW that is exactly correct. I launched NPVR and got nothing. Launched arcsoft and there it was. quit and retried npvr and bingo.