NextPVR Forums

Full Version: No audio or video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1. TV Card: Hauppauge HVR-2255- QAM/Analog
2. Network Tuner: HDHomeRun PRIME CableCard
Satelite/CableTV Provider: U.S. Cox Cable Digital
Remote: Logitech Harmony 850
TV: Samsung
TV/HTPC Connection: HDMI
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU: AMD FX-630 Vishera 32nm Technology
RAM: 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 803MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-78LMT-USB3 6.0 (Socket M2) 41 °C
Graphics: ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics (Gigabyte)
Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio

I just downloaded NEXTPVR today. Everything set up perfectly. I have my guide and EPG data all ready. I clicked on several channels and I am not getting any audio or video. Can anyone tell me what is going on?
You need to go to the Settings->Decoders screen, and select an MPEG-2 video decoder, and probably an AC3 audio decoder.
Great. Worked perfectly...... except for HBO. I am getting audio on some and nothing on others. My HBO channels are 1200-1210. In my HDHomeRun PRIME scan it shows that 1200, 1201, and 1206 are DRM. I can live without them but I would like 1202, 1203, 1209, & 1210.

Any suggestions. I doubt its a codec issue but Im hoping its something simple
Usually HBO won't work with NextPVR. Only Microsoft Media Center can do anything with HBO.

Though if you are getting audio on some of the channels maybe that's not the issue? But I've never heard of any HBO channel being flagged "Copy Freely", which is what is required for the channel to work with NextPVR.

Maybe set a decoder for h.264 video? (again, I've never heard of h.264 being used on US cable, but my understanding is that it is possible)
If you run a coax or video-audio out of your set top box into analog on your 2255, you can get HBO. Downside is that you have to dedicate a STB to your PVR.

That's how I have mine setup with HDHR and XFinity. HDHR 3 tuners for non DRM channels, XFinity STB for the DRM ones, it's an analog feed but quality comes out ok.
hootie318 Wrote:Great. Worked perfectly...... except for HBO. I am getting audio on some and nothing on others. My HBO channels are 1200-1210. In my HDHomeRun PRIME scan it shows that 1200, 1201, and 1206 are DRM. I can live without them but I would like 1202, 1203, 1209, & 1210.

Any suggestions. I doubt its a codec issue but Im hoping its something simple

A station you think shoulld are logged as encrypted

2015-08-23 17:47:58.302 [DEBUG][1] EC_STILL_GOT_VIDEO (2)

Perhaps try recording a minute or so and sharing the file to see if others can play it. There are various DRM levels perhaps they are copy once instead of copy never?

Martin
johnsonx42 Wrote:Only Microsoft Media Center can do anything with HBO...Maybe set a decoder for h.264 video?
I've heard that SiliconDust has a program in the works, hopefully it will work with "copy once" channels since Microsoft is getting out of the PVR business (gotta sell them Primes somehow). I've also heard that Cox Cable is one of the very few U.S. providers that uses h.264 for certain premium channels in certain markets (another being FIOS). If I remember correctly, sub once said that live TV wouldn't work for such a channel but recording probably would.
Zeb Wrote:If I remember correctly, sub once said that live TV wouldn't work for such a channel but recording probably would.
If it was identified as an H.264 channel, there is an easy fix to get it working in live tv (by changing the type in the channel settings screen).
Ok. I tried recording. I recorded on 1200 (DRM), 1202, and 1203.
1200 did not playback in Next and did not playback in VLC.
1202 and 1203 did not playback in Next. When I have the option to play, I hit enter and nothing unless I press escape which brings me back to the recordings list. However, VLC plays both audio and video perfectly for 1202 and 1203.

If this is a decoder issue is there a place to download more decoders?
Yeah, it's probably just decoder related if these recordings are playing fine in VLC.

Can you try playing one of these recordings in NextPVR, then post the npvr.log?
Pages: 1 2