NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NZ Freeview Prime TV Audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone found a way to fix audio Sync issues with Prime. I'm assuming with my loose knowledge of Video / Audio codes that it has something to do with keyframes and Prime having less of them meaning Audio constantly goes out of Sync if doing any skipping when watching or after minor otherwise barely noticeable glitches in the recording.

I had this problem when I had a sabbatical from GBPVR to Windows Media Center (which justified buying a couple of Xbox 360's as Extenders) and I've got it having come back to NPVR. Media Center's build in Codec support for Freeview I did find "slightly" more reliable for the Audio sync than NPVR with Monogram but it was still a shocker with Prime.

Has anyone found a way to make this more reliable or is it just life with Prime. I don't actually watch much on prime but its frustrating to have to constantly stop and resume to get it back into sync.
Can't say I've noticed it, but I haven't used Monogram in years. Maybe try LAV to see if it works any better for you. https://github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFilters...taller.exe
Cheers Sub, I'll give LAV a whirl and report back for the benefit of anyone searching.
Yeah prime is crap i just put up with it
Even my Rpi2 goes out so I figure if that doesnt stay in sync the pc never will as its pretty solid with everything else
Normally a bit of a skip fixes it for a while

If you find a good mix of decoders post here so I can try them out
Just to say - Its been a very quick test so far but generally audio will go out of sync nearly every time we skip forward. Sometimes a short skip back will bring it back sometimes it won't. Having installed LAV after hammering the skip buttons its staying perfectly in sync - Are you using LAV for everything (Video and Audio) or just for HE-AAC audio Sub?
Just for audio. It's video decoders don't play nicely with the Microsoft demulitplexer which NextPVR uses.
sub Wrote:Just for audio. It's video decoders don't play nicely with the Microsoft demulitplexer which NextPVR uses.

Yeah - I had a quick play and got a black window - I'm just using the Microsoft H264 (Not home, can't recall exactly what its called) that come with either Windows itself or Media Center.

Happy to say the audio has been flawless so thanks for the advice there!
I've found the combination of LAV audio decoder and Microsoft H.264 for video to be the best for NZ.