NextPVR Forums

Full Version: HD HomeRun HDHR4-2Dt Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Tried NextPVR v3.4.8 and now this one v3.5.7 on Win 8.1 x64 with HDHR4-2DT. Installed correctly, HD HomeRun software works fine, but NextPVR does not find any channels when scanning. Have disabled the Windows/MacFee Firewall, and done a fresh install (uninstalled NPVR and restarted before installing new version). IS it just that NPVR does not support HDHR4 models ?

Attaching npvr.log, not when try to stop service using 'Stop NPVR Service' get this error:

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
(ignoring that message box shown above, which might be a problem trying to stop the service when it's not running)

There is no errors in the logs while scanning, but it doesn't look like the device locked onto any channels. If you run the 'HDHR Config' during the attempted scan, can you see the tuner trying different frequencies? Do some of them show a green signal lock during the NextPVR scan? If not, you may need to try ticking the 'Scan Offsets' tick box when you do your DVB-T scan. This is sometimes required in Australia (dependent on tuner hardware's broad locking ability and operating system version).
Running HD HomeRun Config while NPVR is scanning channels I can see it going through channels with between 26 - 35% Signal Strength (see attached screenshot) but NPVR still returns 'Scan complete' but with no channels.[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
Also did the scan with NPVR 'Scan offsets...' ticked. Still scan results in no channels.
mikeyman22 Wrote:Running HD HomeRun Config while NPVR is scanning channels I can see it going through channels with between 26 - 35% Signal Strength (see attached screenshot) but NPVR still returns 'Scan complete' but with no channels.
There is not much commonality between manufacturers for Signal Strength values ... One tuner's 70% is another tuner's 35% ... but 35% is low and I would not expect to get anything at that Signal Strength. Signal Quality of 0% is the same in any language ... no signal. What happens if you remove all splitters and extension coax to get the best possible signal to the tuner?
yeah, 35% sounds pretty damn low. You'd probably not get anything off that. I'd expect it to go to 70%+ and green before the device is going send any information to NextPVR.

I think you mentioned in another post that you were able to watch the channel in the SiliconDust software? If so, as next step I'd watch one of those channels using that software, then run up the HDHR Config again, and check that signal strength again, and also take a note of that that physical channel value. We'd want to check this is one of the frequencies that NextPVR is actually scanning.
I have 2 points in the unit. So I'll get a very short aerial cable, remove any adapters (eg. male/female etc) and try again to see if I can boost the signal strength. I did look at HD HomeRun Config whilst using the HD HomeRun View app, and yes, their signal strength figures when moving between channels was 70%+. I then repeated the NPVR channel scan and got the signal strength shown in previous post ie. 32% or slight higher.

So I'll experiment with cables and points and come back to you.
mikeyman22 Wrote:So I'll experiment with cables and points and come back to you.
You may find that you can get away with a lower signal strength to watch and record than you need for a scan. It may be that missing data in the scan means that NextPVR can't get the data it needs to identify channels. Missing data when recording may only cause dropped "pixels" in the video that are not visible when played back. But it's all trial and error!
Hey, um, the first thing that hit me what you didn't say was:

"My antenna is pointed correctly." Or it is installed in xlocation, and I am xx miles (KM) away, etc. checking your cables is a great idea, but if your antenna is off by even 3 degrees (and pending type), you are going to see what you are seeing.

So have you checked your antenna to transmitter bearings with whatever the TVfool Aussie equivalent is? Do you have an indoor antenna, and you are 50 miles away? Etc.
Big Grin
mikeyman22 Wrote:I did look at HD HomeRun Config whilst using the HD HomeRun View app, and yes, their signal strength figures when moving between channels was 70%+. I then repeated the NPVR channel scan and got the signal strength shown in previous post ie. 32% or slight higher.
Was this when it was plugged into the same location? If so, then there is no reason we shouldn't get the same value in NextPVR's scan.

As suggested, did you note one of these 'Physical Channel' values that is showing a good strength in HD HomeRun View, so we can confirm that NextPVR is scanning the same frequency? ie, we need to confirm NextPVR is scanning the right frequencies.
Pages: 1 2