NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Need help with NextPVR recordings being viewed on XBOX 360s
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I have 4 XBOX 360s that I use as media players. I installed and configred NextPVR last week. I formerly used GBPVR so not quite a newbie, but a bit rusty. I am able to record television in NextPVR, convert it from .ts to .dvr-ms with VideoRedo, and watch it from the XBOX 360s. However, it appears that Windows doesn't like the naming format in the metadata. If I record a season of shows from within WMC, the shows go into a single folder. When I record a season of shows using the new NextPVR process, it treats each recording as its own show. Has anyone dealt with this type of issue? Is there an easy way to correct it? TIA
In Config.xml, in the <Recording> section, set
Code:
<AutoCreateFolders>false</AutoCreateFolders>
Thanks for the reply. That is useful, but not what I was looking for. Let me try to be more clear. In WMC, if I sort the view by show, the NextPVR recordings are displayed like each epidose is a different show. The recordings done by native WMC are sorted by the show. For Example:

Scenario 1 - Two episodes of The Strain that were recorded by NextPVR: Each will be displayed as a separate show. For example, a thumbnail called The.Strain.S2E10 and another thumbnail called The.Strain.S2E11
Scenario 2 - Two episodes of The Strain that were recorded by WMC: There will be a single thumbnail called The Strain. The episodes are displayed under that root "folder" (not really a folder, but more of a grouping).

Also, when I click on an episode recorded by NextPVR there is no plot/episode info (only date and length). The are that normally displays the plot/episode info only displays "No Information Available". I think this is all part of the metadata stored in the file, but looking for guidance.
NextPVR doesn't have per episode art so yes it con look odd in icon views, but I am wondering i you have the non-working recordings meta view enabled? My recordings of the strain are ok.

Martin
Within NextPVR, everything is fine. I am using WMC on the XBOX to view. I have attached an example. Notice the 2 Tonight Shows being displayed separately and other shows with multiple episodes are grouped together.
When looking at the details on the files, the show recorded through NextPVR and converted with VideoRedo does not have all the metadata (program description may be one of the fields that I need populated). The question is whether it doesn't have it after being recorded or if VideoRedo is stripping that data out. I will record something tonight and verify before converting.
I verified that the original recordings from NextPVR are not populating metadata in the files to the extent that WMC does. If I manually modify the title and episode fields in the details tab of the files, WMC will group them. I didn't populate the program description or ratings information, but am confident that those will work as well. Is there a plugin or application that could be used to add missing information to the metadata of recordings? NextPVR does grab the information and puts it in its database, but doesn't appear to add it to the metadata of the file.
If I understand you want your dvr-ms import to include metadata, so it's not really a NextPVR question. The metadata is available in the file and optionally as an xml file. This format died with Windows 7 not sure why anyone would want to use it still.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:If I understand you want your dvr-ms import to include metadata, so it's not really a NextPVR question. The metadata is available in the file and optionally as an xml file. This format died with Windows 7 not sure why anyone would want to use it still.

Martin

Actually, I would like the initial .ts file that NextPVR creates to have the metadata embedded in the file the same way a .wtv file created by WMC does.
hakras Wrote:Actually, I would like the initial .ts file that NextPVR creates to have the metadata embedded in the file the same way a .wtv file created by WMC does.
It does have metadata, its just not in the same format as WMC creates in it's recordings.
Pages: 1 2