NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NextPVR not Naming Files wtth Subtitle, Season and Episode ... What have I missed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi All,

I have a feeling that Sub may be the only person who can answer this Big Grin

I have run "Empty EPG" and "Update EPG" from Settings/Channels, at the conclusion of the update "PostUpdateEpg.bat"
kicks in and runs my RexX program that Cleans EPG_EVENT.title (gets rid of unwanted trailing info and places it in Description).
It then finds Season and or Episode info within EPG_event.description and inserts it into the Season and Episode columns.

At the same time it grabs the Cleaned Title, Formatted Season and Episode and Channel.name and places them into the EPG_EVENT.subtitle column.

When the recording schedule kicks in the file name generated should have Title.season&episode.Subtitle.ts and xml, it usually fails and generates Trawlermen_20150906_16301700.ts and Trawlermen_20150906_16301700.xml :confused:

WHY ?????

Attached Logs, DataBase, RexX Program, PostUpdateEpg.bat (as text) and Trawlermen_20150906_16301700.xml
Added config.xml.

I hope you (anyone) can Point out what I have done wrong :confused:
puck64 Wrote:When the recording schedule kicks in the file name generated should have Title.season&episode.Subtitle.ts and xml, it usually fails and generates Trawlermen_20150906_16301700.ts and Trawlermen_20150906_16301700.xml :confused:
WHY ?????

I suspect that NextPVR uses the "season" and "episode" columns in the "epg_event" table to construct file names ... Does Trawlermen have values in these columns?
as I said before, if you make any changes to the database which you want reflected in scheduled recordings, you have to run nextpvr.exe -recurring after the changes. it should be ok to call that at the end of your postupdateepg.bat.

@sub - I suppose another solution for this sort of issue would be to have yet another script called something like "PreScheduling.bat" which fires after the epg update but before "2015-09-05 04:36:00.279 [INFO][10] UpdateAllRecurringRecordings()". then those manipulating the database would put their code there rather than in PostUpdateEPG.bat which is really more useful for other housekeeping tasks.
Graham Wrote:I suspect that NextPVR uses the "season" and "episode" columns in the "epg_event" table to construct file names ... Does Trawlermen have values in these columns?

Yep, see below .....

Title subtitle sea ep
"Trawlermen" "Trawlermen E01 [SBS HD]" "0" "1"
johnsonx42 Wrote:as I said before, if you make any changes to the database which you want reflected in scheduled recordings, you have to run nextpvr.exe -recurring after the changes. it should be ok to call that at the end of your postupdateepg.bat.

@sub - I suppose another solution for this sort of issue would be to have yet another script called something like "PreScheduling.bat" which fires after the epg update but before "2015-09-05 04:36:00.279 [INFO][10] UpdateAllRecurringRecordings()". then those manipulating the database would put their code there rather than in PostUpdateEPG.bat which is really more useful for other housekeeping tasks.

Hi Johnsox42,
I took your advice Smile .... here is my PostUpdateEpg.bat (included in NextPVR_Query.7z). I even added -reload to try and get it to work.

echo off

cd /d "%~dp0"

SET Path="C:\Program Files\ooRexx";%path%

IF EXIST Rexx2.Log (
DEL /Q Rexx2.Log
)
IF EXIST Rexx.Log (
REN Rexx.Log Rexx2.log
)

ECHO Post Up Date EPG Start - EPG Update with Series / Episode Data At %DATE% %TIME% >> "C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Scripts\Rexx.Log"

rexx Season_Title.rex

ECHO Post Up Date EPG End - EPG Update with Series / Episode Data At %DATE% %TIME% >> "C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Scripts\Rexx.Log"

ECHO Post Up Date EPG Start - recurring At %DATE% %TIME% >> "C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Scripts\Rexx.Log"

nextpvr.exe -recurring
nextpvr.exe -reload

ECHO Post Up Date EPG End - recurring At %DATE% %TIME% >> "C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Scripts\Rexx.Log"
I suspect you need this updated dll. You'll need to reschedule any recordings too.
Thanks Sub .... I'll give it a go Smile
sub Wrote:I suspect you need this updated dll. You'll need to reschedule any recordings too.

Hi Sub,

It looks ok. Big Grin

Would I be correct to assume (no we are not asses) Smile that subtitle is only used when the episode > 0 ?

A quick question, is there a "Stop recording button / command" ?

I love the "+24" and "-24" menu buttons in the EPG.

A couple of results ...
Bananas In Pyjamas.S01E999.Test new dll.ts

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<recording>
<filename>G:\Recorded TV\Bananas In Pyjamas.S01E999.Test new dll.ts</filename>
<channel>ABC2</channel>
<status>READY</status>
<startTime>2015-09-07 09:55:51</startTime>
<endTime>2015-09-07 10:24:31</endTime>
<channel_OID>7163</channel_OID>
<title>Bananas In Pyjamas</title>
<subtitle>Test new dll</subtitle>
<description>When Rat organises a movie night for the town, the Bananas and Teddies combine to make a film - but the result is not what they were hoping for.</description>
<uid></uid>
<firstrun>true</firstrun>
<season>1</season>
<episode>999</episode>
<genres>
<genre></genre>
</genres>
</recording>

dirtgirlworld.S01E999.Test new dll-0.ts

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<recording>
<filename>G:\Recorded TV\dirtgirlworld.S01E999.Test new dll-0.ts</filename>
<channel>ABC2</channel>
<status>READY</status>
<startTime>2015-09-07 10:30:11</startTime>
<endTime>2015-09-07 10:36:11</endTime>
<channel_OID>7163</channel_OID>
<title>dirtgirlworld</title>
<subtitle>Test new dll</subtitle>
<description>Roger the rooster has left for the weekend so of course the chickens are throwing a huge party they call the &apos;Wing Ding&apos;.</description>
<uid></uid>
<firstrun>true</firstrun>
<season>1</season>
<episode>999</episode>
<genres>
<genre></genre>
</genres>
</recording>
puck64 Wrote:Hi Sub,

It looks ok. Big Grin

Would I be correct to assume (no we are not asses) Smile that subtitle is only used when the episode > 0 ?
"episode" yes (season can be zero). ie, if it uses the SxxExx naming at all, then it will also include the subtitle if it has one.
Thanks Mate.

The new "NUtility.dll" will become a production dll with the next release, I hope Smile
Pages: 1 2