NextPVR Forums

Full Version: 3.5.7 and 45 Button Hauppauge Remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After upgrading to 3.5.7, many of the buttons on my Hauppauge remote no longer work. The rewind and fast forward buttons work. But other buttons like the back button and the colored buttons do not.

Anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot/fix this?

Thanks!
If the keyboard controls are working, but the remote isn't, then it sounds like your irremote.ini either has the wrong application title, or the wrong keys. (check the application title first)
Thanks Sub! I will check that out.
The irremote.ini file had a section for [npvr] instead of [NextPVR] After I changed that it started working.
Ah - that could be my problem, my remote stopped working - I only tried the back button as I was trying to get to the main menu!
was that changed just this release? I thought it was several releases ago?
I don't think it was this release. I think it was changed in 3.4.8.
yeah, there it is in the 3.4.8 release notes:
Quote:- changed titlebar from 'nPVR' to 'NextPVR'. Sorry if this causes any issues with remote control apps. I'd been reluctant to do it in the past for this reason, but I got sick of looking at it and wanted it changed.
ah yes - well I was upgrading from 2.5.9 - so I'm covering a few releases! Big Grin