NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Easiest Way to make a conflict happen?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to test code to check for conflicts, but I am having a hard time making a conflict. If I try to record five shows, NPVR won't let me. It makes me cancel or delete one of the first 4.

Thanks,
Dan
I'll describe are you make it happen with a single tuner, and then you'll need to extend the idea for your multiple tuners.

Say you have 'Friends' air every night at 7:30. Schedule a one-off recording, a few days in the future, at 7:30, for some other channel. Then schedule a season recording for Friends, starting for tonight's episode. You should get a conflict for that episode of friends a few nights in the future.
or if you want to do it for a recurring recording you already have, find an episode of it in the Pending list, select "Forget" from the hidden menu (so it dumps the unique_id), then delete the pending recording. now use one-off recordings to use all the tuners in that timeslot, and then update the EPG. Of course you have to be sure there's no other airing of the same episode available, else it will just schedule that one.
sub Wrote:I'll describe are you make it happen with a single tuner, and then you'll need to extend the idea for your multiple tuners.

Say you have 'Friends' air every night at 7:30. Schedule a one-off recording, a few days in the future, at 7:30, for some other channel. Then schedule a season recording for Friends, starting for tonight's episode. You should get a conflict for that episode of friends a few nights in the future.

That did it.

I was a little surprised that ScheduledRecordings.LoadAll(true) didn't get the pending conflicts. It looks like that only get the list of upcoming recordings that are going to happen. It was pretty easy to just go through them and get any with a status of RecordingStatus.STATUS_CONFLICT.

Now, I just have to make it "configurable" in case anyone else wants to use it. I am thinking about just adding it to the end of my update EPG .bat file.

Dan
Tell your wife that your show is more important than her's.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:Tell your wife that your show is more important than her's.

Martin
lol Big Grin
mvallevand Wrote:Tell your wife that your show is more important than her's.

Martin
yeah, but he won't need a script to email him to let him know he's created a conflict. but if he could create one that would tell him WHY there's a conflict, that'd be worth billions.
Very funny guys...

Well, here it is.. There is no error handling, so it will just crash if there is an exception.

If there is one conflict, you get the program and date in the subject. If there is more than one, you get a single email with "Multiple NPVR Conflicts" in the subject. If there are no conflicts it exits if noconflictmail is false or if true it sends an email telling you there are no conflicts.

This does require you to use authenticated SMTP. Put both files in your C:\Program Files (x86)\NPVR directory. Then just fill in the fields in the NPVRConflicts.exe.xml and then run NPVRConflicts. I just put it in my PostEPGUpdate.bat file.

Dan
I assume you mean you put it in PostUpdateEPG.bat?

May I suggest that you post a thread in the Add-ons forum, and I'll make it a sticky for you if it won't let you do it yourself. If you wouldn't mind going one step further, post a request for wiki author access in the documentation forum and then add your program to the Utilities section of the wiki.