NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Football!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So, is there any way to set up a recurring recording to follow your favorite football team?

That is, no matter the day, channel or time, the game will always be recorded.
Assuming your EPG includes the teams in the subtitle, then find any nfl game in the schedule, setup an "all episodes, all channels" recurring recording. then go to the recurring list, find the recording and select update. go to the Advanced Rule at the bottom, and change it so it says:
Code:
title like 'NFL Football' AND subtitle like '%Philadelphia%'
(or whatever your poison is)

Note that when you move to the Advanced Rules field, no cursor will appear in the field; just start typing.
That rule will likely fail in the playoffs as have my Redskins for far too long.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:That rule will likely fail in the playoffs as have my Redskins for far too long.

Martin
well, I've made him kinda happy for the next 16 weeks anyway, right? besides, who's to say his favorite team will make the playoffs? maybe he's a Raiders fan Big Grin
Thanx guys, I'll give it a try.

My team is Philadelphia, and until they actually played last night everyone said they were gonna be GREAT this year! Big Grin
johnsonx42 Wrote:Assuming your EPG includes the teams in the subtitle, then find any nfl game in the schedule, setup an "all episodes, all channels" recurring recording. then go to the recurring list, find the recording and select update. go to the Advanced Rule at the bottom, and change it so it says:
Code:
title like 'NFL Football' AND subtitle like '%Philadelphia%'
(or whatever your poison is)

Note that when you move to the Advanced Rules field, no cursor will appear in the field; just start typing.

I take it this functionality is in the web client... sub - any chance this could be added to the NextPVR program itself?
JavaWiz Wrote:I take it this functionality is in the web client... sub - any chance this could be added to the NextPVR program itself?

That's a manual recording, it's better than the NEWA search because it respects duplicates. NEWA would schedule the game on every channel which for me would be pretty much every tuner.

Martin
Wow, learn something new every day... I never noticed that capability in manual recordings... Smile
JavaWiz Wrote:Wow, learn something new every day... I never noticed that capability in manual recordings... Smile
I always find it simplest to start with the "All Episodes, All Channels" recurring recording, then edit the Advanced Rule to refine it further... seems easier than creating a manual recording from scratch, and starting with the "title like" statement already in there reminds me of the syntax.
johnsonx42 Wrote:I always find it simplest to start with the "All Episodes, All Channels" recurring recording, then edit the Advanced Rule to refine it further... seems easier than creating a manual recording from scratch, and starting with the "title like" statement already in there reminds me of the syntax.

Exactly, that way the Name Field starts with NFL Football, and you only need to edit the advance rules to Subtitle like... The benefit of this is that if you go into your recurring recordings (or find more on a game recording), you can click on this item and pull up all the football games and go through to make sure that game shows up. There's been a few times where a set of games don't have any information for them at the time of recording, as the channel is picking which game to show (especially important if you're an out of town fan of a team.)
Pages: 1 2 3