NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Looking for Live TV help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello, I've been having problems with live TV freezing; sometimes it crashes, sometimes it resumes after a minute delay. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I heard cyber-link decoders are the best to use, but cant seem to get them. I've tried the unlocked saf provided here on the forums, with no luck.
Are you sure you got it unlocked?? My understanding it the cyberlink decoder is only available after it is ulocked
Yes I PM'd one of the members and followed the set up for the unlocked version, unless I'm missing something on the installation.
I'm no expert, but it looks like you are using the LAV video decoder, not Cyberlink. Check your settings, in particular for the MPEG2 Video, perhaps post a screen shot.
Yea I think that's the problem, but the cyber-link decoder is not under my settings. I have the unlocked saf, which I was told included the cyber-link decoder, but it does not show up.
I don't use SAF, but I expect there is some script to run that registers the codecs. Once that is done, they 'should' show up. If that doesn't work, PM me you email, I can email you what I am using...
Thanks, pm'd.
dwelch6 Wrote:Yea I think that's the problem, but the cyber-link decoder is not under my settings. I have the unlocked saf, which I was told included the cyber-link decoder, but it does not show up.

If you re-run the SAF install ... I expect that t will uninstall everything that it installed the first time and then re-install from scratch ... that might get you the result that you seek.
I have the cyberlink decoder installed now, the freezing still occurs, but with longer gaps in between. Not sure what to turn to next.
Any errors in the logs?
Does this occur with only LiveTV, or do recordings freeze also?

- Stop NextPVR
- Stop the NextPVR Recording Service
- Clear out the logs directory
- Restart the Service
- Restart NextPVR
- Watch LiveTV until it freezes and resumes
- Exit NextPVR
- Zip logs and post

You might want to open task monitor, see if you are having CPU or Disk spike at the time of the freezing.
Can you post specs of your system (CPU, Tuner type, VideoCard, OS, etc..)
Pages: 1 2 3 4