NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Live TV pops up "Camera On/Camera Off" messages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

Starting Live TV pops up a brief "Camera On" message.
Stopping Live TV pops up a brief "Camera Off" message. See screenshot:[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND].

Starting/Stopping a recording does the same thing.

This is NextPVR 3.4.8 on Windows 10 Home with an HD PVR 2 blasting a satellite receiver.

There is no camera on this acer desktop PC.

How can I disable these popup messages? Sorry if this is a dumb question but since falling ill, I don't have the energy to figure things out.

Thanks.
It's definitely nothing to do with NextPVR. That message isn't being displayed in the NextPVR UI, something that is being displayed over the top.

If it's happening when you try to use live tv, then I'm guessing you've installed some virtual webcam software or something similar, and the act of NextPVR looking at the capture filters on your machine is enough to trigger this webcam software to do something. (analog devices and webcams are very similar, and both have capture filters)

There is no setting in NextPVR that would make any difference to this. You'd need to find a setting in that webcam software, or remove that webcam software if you don't need it.
The "Camera On/Camera Off" messages appear in the same location as the "Volume Bar OSD" and are mutually exclusive. The duration of these popups are identical and both affected equally by "Settings->Ease of Access->Other Options->Show Notifications For" time duration. This answer suggests that Windows 8/Windows 10 apps can choose to allow Windows to display media controls using this property.

Is it possible nextPVR or a background Hauppauge process is allowing Windows 8/10 to display these overlay popups?
I'd look for some Windows Settings to turn off these Camera On/Off messages. It sounds like some Windows or 3rd party software thing, and I don't think it should be up to NextPVR to try working around this. I also haven't seen a single other report of this.
Are you yoyoma2 http://community.acer.com/t5/Veriton/Dis...d-p/351098 If not maybe there is some Acer crap installed with your desktop.

Martin
The messages could be related to the Camera app or possibly Adobe Flash Player, but it seems more likely that you are using the HD PVR 2 as a camera with XSplit.
Someone gave a registry tweak (NoPhysicalCameraLED) for this issue here.
fla Wrote:Someone gave a registry tweak (NoPhysicalCameraLED) for this issue here.

Depending on when you were given and applied the registry tweak for the NoPhysicalCameraLED Windows 10 snafu, It's quite possible that a Windows Cumulative Update, or other update, un-tweaked the NoPhysicalCameraLED registry tweak that somebody gave at https://community.acer.com/t5/Veriton/Di...3534#M3481.

For the life of me I do not understand why Microsoft is making cameras, video, DVD, and multimedia in general so difficult these days with Windows 10. At first I figured it was so they wouldn't have to pay on the video patents since they rolled out 400 million free unbundled versions of Windows 10.

But I digress back to make sure your tweak is still twucked.