NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Using industry-standard Logical Channel Numbers in channel list / EPG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've installed Next PVR 3.5.7 on Window 7. I live in the UK.

I have two tuners, one DVB-T only (made by Hauppauge) and one DVB-T/T2 (made by PCTV). With either one or the other of these devices plugged in (but not with both plugged in at the same time) I've done a scan, having defined the country and transmitter.

As far as I can see, all the expected channels are being found - obviously the DVB-T/T2 decoder finds more channels because it can see the HD channels.

But it seems as if the list of channels has some LCNs allocated at random, instead of using the standard LCNs that are published in listings magazines etc (and which Windows Media Centre uses). Some channel numbers are duplicated (ie two different channels, as identified by name, have the same channel number), and a few (eg Talking Pictures TV) have the wrong LCN (132 instead of 81 which it should be).

I could go through and edit all the LCNs, but this would be very tedious and may well get reset if I re-scan at some stage.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

I've attached an XML file (zipped) of the channel list Settings | Devices | (select the tuner) | Export Channels. Duplication occurs at 61 (both Spike and True Entertainment), 62 (BT Showcase and ITV4+1), 66 (CITV and CBS Reality), 101 (BBC One HD and Gems TV) etc. The correct list of LCNs is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_di...s_%28UK%29.
Just delete the channels and try scanning again. Usually it'd get the LCNs.
After posting my question, I did try doing this. After several attempts it seemed to get the right LCNs.

What may have sorted it out was disabling all the other tuners including IPTV.

I notice that my device appears twice: once as "DVB-T PCTV 291e/461e BDA 28179 TV Tuner" and once as "DVB-C PCTV 291e/461e BDA 28179 TV Tuner C" (I presume the latter is for cable rather than terrestrial aerial), though only the first of these showed any channels.

Is it plausible that the list of LCNs could get confused if there were other devices in Settings | Devices that were not being used and may not even be plugged in?