NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Should it be possible to record two programmes at the same time on the same mux?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With a single-tuner DVB-T2 decoder, should NPVR be able to schedule two simultaneous recordings on different channels which are on the same multiplex? I imagine it's possible because there's a page under Recordings for Conflicts, for the case where the programmes are on different muxes and therefore need different tuners.

I get an Unhandled Exception "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error if I try to set up a Quick Record or when pressing OK on a normal Record if another recording is scheduled for an overlapping time, which sounds like something isn't failing gracefully :-)

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at NShared.DigitalRecorder.IsMultiRecordPossible(ScheduledRecording requiredRecording, List`1 overlappingRecordings)
at NShared.Visible.CaptureSource.CanRecord(ScheduledRecording scheduledRecording)
at NShared.RecordingServiceProxy.ScheduleRecording(EPGEvent epgEvent, Boolean onlyNewEpisodes, ScheduledRecording scheduledEvent, Boolean allocateRecurring, DayMask dayMask, Int32 keep, Int32 recurrenceGroupID, Boolean timeslot, Boolean forceScheduleReload, String advancedRules)
at NShared.RecordingServiceProxy.ScheduleRecording(EPGEvent epgEvent, Int32 prePadding, Int32 postPadding, RecordingQuality quality, String recordingDirectoryID)
at NextPVR.TV.ScheduleRecordingPopup.HandleCommand(String command)
at NextPVR.TV.ScheduleRecordingPopup.OnClick(PointF location)
at NextPVR.ControllerForm.ControllerForm_MouseClick(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseClick(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at NextPVR.ControllerForm.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Quote:Should it be possible to record two programmes at the same time on the same mux?
Yep, sure.

I've not seen other reports of this error message when attempting to do this. You'll probably need to reproduce it then zip and attach the logs.
OK. What files do I zip?
The whole logs directory. C:\users\public\npvr\logs.
sub Wrote:The whole logs directory. C:\users\public\npvr\logs.

OK. Here you are. The pre-existing recording was title=Jigsaw, channel=81 (Talking Pictures TV), time=1900-2100 on 18 Oct 15. I tried to create a scheduled recording for title=The Bridges that Britain Built, channel=106 (BBC Four HD), time=1900-2000 on 18 Oct 15. Both channels are on the same mux - though even if they weren't I'd expect an in-app conflict message rather than a fatal error :-)

Before doing this, I removed and reinstalled NPVR (rebooting in between), though I wonder whether I should have deleted the lists of channels and recordings because these had survived the removal and reinstallation. Is there an option to purge everything from a previous installation?
OK. You can close this bug report. It seems to have been fixed by uninstalling NPVR, removing the directory c:\users\public\npvr and reinstalling NPVR and re-scanning for channels. It was the removal of the npvr directory and its contents that was the crucial step.