NextPVR Forums

Full Version: ScheduleDirect Setup Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looking for a setup guide for ScheduleDirect. Looked in Wiki under EPG but there were only two choices: OTA and XMLTV. Nothing in Walkthroughs either. Is there one?

thanks.
there was one on the wiki, but it was outdated. while I was typing this, Javawiz pointed out that sub's new video walk-through is there now, but I'll leave this since I've already typed it....

(this assumes digital channels from an ATSC or QAM tuner; analog or hdpvr/hdpvr2/colossus would work a bit differently)

really not much to it, takes longer to explain that to do it: get an account at SD, but don't bother setting up any lineups at the website.

then go into NextPVR Settings->Channels. double-click on your first channel, set the source to Scheduled Direct and then in the lineup dropdown click "Manage Lineups" (or the little button with 3 dots next to it)

now you enter you SD login info, then enter your zip code and click "Find Lineups" - that will populate your lineup list. now find the lineup you want in the lineup dropdown, and click "Add Lineup"; repeat if you need another. Click Done for the obvious reason...

now back at your channel details choose the lineup for that channel, and then choose the correct mapping for the channel. hit OK, and you'll be returned to the channel list. At this point the program will offer to auto-map the rest of your channels. you can use "Bulk Map" to correct any missing/incorrect mappings.

finally click "Update EPG" to do your initial EPG load, and you're done. Nightly updates will happen automatically assuming the recording service is running.
I was looking for a specific entry of ScheduleDirect under EPG. Did not think to look under XMLTV section.

Thanks
scJohn Wrote:I was looking for a specific entry of ScheduleDirect under EPG. Did not think to look under XMLTV section.
you're right, it shouldn't be there, since SchedulesDirect is NOT xmltv.
scJohn Wrote:I was looking for a specific entry of ScheduleDirect under EPG. Did not think to look under XMLTV section.
I don't see it being under XMLTV, but it wasn't listed on the Configuration->EPG summary page you mentioned. I'll add it.

That said, if you'd search for "Schedules Direct" on the wiki, you'd have found the walkthrough video mentioned above.
there are probably lots of ways to get to it, but if you click "Configuration" and then "EPG" you get this page: http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...ration.EPG which only offers OTA and XMLTV, and if you click XMLTV you get this page: http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...n.XMLTVEPG which lists Schedules Direct as an XMLTV source. The Schedules Direct page then says it's for USA and Canada, but of course it covers a bunch of countries now.
You can of course use Schedules Direct via XMLTV, but most people instead opt to use the built-in Schedules Direct support.

I've updated that XMLTV page to note that most people instead opt to use the built-in Schedules Direct support, and provided a link to it's wiki page.