NextPVR Forums

Full Version: ATI TV WONDER HD650 PC I - Not finding channels in NextPVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've got an ATI TV WONDER HD 650 pci tuner card. Windows Media Center finds channels just fine, QAM and over the air, however a scan in NextPVR doesn't return any channels. What do I need to do to get my TV tuner up and running? All I did was install nextpvr and go to setup and scanned for channels. Are there patches or extra steps I need to go through for this tuner card? It seems odd that WMC can run it just fine, but nextpvr can't. Please help.
You may be the first to use this tuner with NPVR. Got to the NPVR program files directory (c:\program files\NPVR) and run the program filtercheck.exe. This will create a filtercheck.log file in the same directory. Zip this file and attach to a new post is this thread. Someone with knowledge will look at it and tell you what to do next.

What is your TV signal source? If over the air, use the ATSC tuner to scan. If QAM (assuming you have clear QAM from your cableco, most of us don't) then, of course, use the QAM tuner to scan.

I might be off base on this, but you can give it a try until someone smarter comes along.
markag, can you do a scan, then zip and attach your npvr.log?
Here is my log.My cable provider has local channels available through clear QAM. Windows Media Center allows me to watch them without issue.
There is no sign of any errors there, but the device never locks onto a channel. Have you tried selecting 'HRC Cable Frequencies' in the QAM device screen? It might help.
attached the filecheck
I'm trying that now. I WMC, the channels that I get are 6, 8, etc. I just did a scan with the default cable frequencies.
Ah, are you talking about old type analog tv? Not digital tv (QAM/ATSC). If so, you'll need to see the sticky thread for information on enabling analog support.
I believe it is digital, those are just the channels that my cable provider has. I don't actually get cable TV service, just cable Internet, but am using my clear QAM, tuner to pick up their unfiltered channels. I can try the sticky you mentioned and see if that helps. I didn't have any luck with the HRC scan.
I'm guessing these are analog channels.

Do you receive high definition channels, ie, really high definition (720p/1080i), not just channels that look good? If so these will be digital. Analog is only ever standard definition.
Pages: 1 2