NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Technotrend S2-4600 EPG update crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just upgraded my rather elderly Mygica Satbox Mini to a TT S2-4600 and the epg wont update overnight, if you try to do it manually it crashes right at the end of the scan (see attached logs), it does pull some info, but only the current and next item per channel.

If it's going to mean a lengthy wait for a fix (wife and child use it as well), Is there a (preferably free) EPG scraper that will do UK FTA satellite channels and Irish DVB-T2 channels ?
If you create a c:\temp directory, does a c:\temp\crash.mdmp get created when this happens?
I suspect it'll be worth trying this (except maybe in "UpdateEPG.bat" if your machines don't auto sleep)

http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...post495305
sub Wrote:If you create a c:\temp directory, does a c:\temp\crash.mdmp get created when this happens?

There was one in there from a few months back, I've deleted it and run a manual scan again to see if it recreates a new one.

There were also a whole load of .ts files in there as well, not quite sure what they are doing in there, we never really pause anything, cleared those out as well to see if any new ones appear.

sub Wrote:I suspect it'll be worth trying this (except maybe in "UpdateEPG.bat" if your machines don't auto sleep)

http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread...305#post495305

I'll give that a try in the morning, it's nearly midnight here and I've got a 6 year old to contend with in the morning :/
That change wont make any difference to manually updating the EPG, but I suspect it'll get your overnight EPG updates working.
Just blue screened during the manual update, mentioning the driver for the tuner which I've now just updated, I'll leave it to do a scheduled update overnight as see what is there in the morning.
Any blue screen will be a driver issue.
Blue screen seemed to be a one off, not happening now with the updated driver.

Overnight scan did nothing ( see logs.zip )

Cleared epg data and did a manual scan, manual scan didn't crash this time, but still only provides current and next show ( see logs2.zip ), epg setting are 360 minutes and auto update at 2am