NextPVR Forums

Full Version: X-NEWA 2.4.8 Release candidate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Here are some change to go with NextPVR 3.6 I expect a short cycle and upload to the repo on the weekend.

- web client send Ctrl-F5 refresh to NextPVR after play (10 sec or more) gives green bar on recordings now. Plugins can trigger on Ctrl-F5 keystroke for update handling.
- web client keystroke refresh - works better with changes sub made to show the screensaver
- changes to retrieving fanart using new NEWA JSON logic
- add setting to turn off web client's custom live tv skin. When off can't change channels with arrows or F1

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:- web client send Ctrl-F5 refresh to NextPVR after play (10 sec or more) gives green bar on recordings now. Plugins can trigger on Ctrl-F5 keystroke for update handling.

This is working well. Is there any way we could disable the 10 sec minimum? My plugin needs to refresh no matter how long the video was played. Thanks.
cncb Wrote:This is working well. Is there any way we could disable the 10 sec minimum? My plugin needs to refresh no matter how long the video was played. Thanks.

It's a timing question web client gets notified that video isn't playing immediately before the new resume point is stored by player thread. You can change how often x-newa web client refreshes the screen when no key strokes are entered by editing the 10 in line 381

for i in range (0, 10):

Martin
Thanks, I understand.

For Live TV, any chance you would consider adding a setting to make the web client use the fullscreen skin (without having the manually edit the .py file)?
cncb Wrote:For Live TV, any chance you would consider adding a setting to make the web client use the fullscreen skin (without having the manually edit the .py file)?

That sounds reasonable, I will post it later tonight.

Martin
Updated post #1

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:It's a timing question web client gets notified that video isn't playing immediately before the new resume point is stored by player thread.

This is causing an occasional timing problem in my plugin. It checks the resume point after playback stops, so would it be safe with a delay of a few seconds (~2) before checking the resume point?
cncb Wrote:This is causing an occasional timing problem in my plugin. It checks the resume point after playback stops, so would it be safe with a delay of a few seconds (~2) before checking the resume point?

I only tested with the green bar and recordings. Are you saying you receiving ctrl--f5 before 10 seconds are up if so kodi.log should show when the urls for resume and ctrl-f5 are sent.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:I only tested with the green bar and recordings. Are you saying you receiving ctrl--f5 before 10 seconds are up if so kodi.log should show when the urls for resume and ctrl-f5 are sent.

It appears sometimes I get the Ctrl+F5 before the resume point is set (after watching more than 10 seconds) thus the need for the delay before checking the resume point. Would it be feasible for the web client to make sure the resume point is set before sending the Ctrl+F5?
Martin

I've installed it on one of my clients. After a quick play it seems to work ok except if I play a recording when I press "Stop" I get dumped back to a "Videos" type display of the root of the hard disk instead of to "Recordings". I am running OpenElec booting from a USB drive not the hard disk which has the Windows NextPVR Client not used for a long time.

Chris
Pages: 1 2 3 4