NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Closed Caption in GBPVR (possible trade)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I currently have a 150 and MVP. I would like to be able to view closed captions. I understand that the 150 doesn't support them.

1)Can GBPVR support captions over the MVP? (assuming a hauppauge 250)
2)If so, can they be turned on/off while playing?
3)If yes on #2, via GBPVR, or the TV itself?

If yes to #1, and #2, would anybody want to trade their 250 for my 150 (1045) with IR blaster and 45 button remote?
Sorry, no closed caption support is available for the MVP. Hauppauge would need to implement this.
sub,

Hauppauge's new drivers seem to implement VBI pin now in DirectShow filter.
Does it mean that it's no longer a problem to add Closed Captions to all cards with PIN_CATEGORY_VBI support?

I built graphs for ATi T550 and Hauppauge WinTV PVR-150MCE in GraphEdit that showed subtitles - would it be a problem to add it to your graphs as you build them?

Just like here:
[Image: vidcap08.gif]
fooit, yes I'm aware of that. Pretty much every capture card supports that. Unfortunately, this cannot be used for recording CC information in the MPEG, or for viewing them in timeshift.

It also doesnt help the original posters question about getting them to work with the MVP.

The PVR250 drivers directly insert the CC information into the MPEG2 file, which means it can be used for recording/playback or live tv. The PVR150 drivers do not do this.
sub Wrote:Sorry, no closed caption support is available for the MVP. Hauppauge would need to implement this.

It was a while ago when you wrote this. Has anything changed regarding CC support and the MVP? I have a PVR-250 and would like to be able to view CC in live or recorded shows over the MVP. If it still is a "no", based on what you know about how the MVP works, do you think it might ever happen? Thanks.

- Bob
No, nothing has changed. Its still not possible.
I'm still hoping...
On another note, what cards can capture the captions? I could always re-encode with the captions embedded in the video.
sub Wrote:No, nothing has changed. Its still not possible.
Hey Sub. I saw another post mentioning the possibility to extract the captions from the MPG and put it in a SRT file... Wouldn't playing the show add the SRT subtitles if you have DirectVobSub?
I haven't tried it yet, but does that seem feasible to you?
LilY0da Wrote:Hey Sub. I saw another post mentioning the possibility to extract the captions from the MPG and put it in a SRT file...
This thread was mainly in relation to CC with the MVP.

There are a couple of ways to produce SRT files for recordings.

1) If you're in the USA and have a PVR250, then you can have ShowAnalyzer rip the CC information from the recording into an SRT file
2) If you're in Teletext country, and have any of the Hauppauge or ATI cards, then you can record subtitles to SRT

Unfortunately, there is no way to watch SRT subtitles on the MVP.

Quote:Wouldn't playing the show add the SRT subtitles if you have DirectVobSub?
I haven't tried it yet, but does that seem feasible to you?
You dont even need DirectVobSub, GB-PVR has a built in SRT viewer.
sub Wrote:Unfortunately, there is no way to watch SRT subtitles on the MVP.
That's weird... If works when you watch an AVI on the MVP (after a bit of tuning)... You mean Windows+Directvobsub doesn't render the SRT when the source file is a MPG? Or the filters used don't/can't call Directvobsub's SRT rendering?
Pages: 1 2