NextPVR Forums

Full Version: "Upgraded" to windows 10 "npvr server database not found"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I let my HTPC with the tuner and NPVR server "upgrade" to Windows 10.

Now the clients on the LAN get the message "npvr server database not found".

Windows Firewall is disabled on the HTPC that was just upgraded to 10.
Does NextPVR on the server run ok? (ie, ignore clients for now)
sub Wrote:Does NextPVR on the server run ok? (ie, ignore clients for now)

It sure does, seems to work perfectly. I can play recorded shows and watch live TV (have not had a recording scheduled since the "upgrade").

When I launch the client (on a Win 7 machine), I get the "Server database not found at: \\server\npvr\npvr.db3" message. Click OK, then get the "Cannot communicate with server" message in the app and anything I try to do in the app gives "unable to connect to server database"

I'm running npvr 3.6.6

Thanks
brcarls Wrote:When I launch the client (on a Win 7 machine), I get the "Server database not found at: \\server\npvr\npvr.db3" message.

Does Windows Explorer on the client machine list the client and the share on the server machine? Has the upgrade to Windows 10 stuffed the share?
brcarls Wrote:It sure does, seems to work perfectly. I can play recorded shows and watch live TV (have not had a recording scheduled since the "upgrade").

When I launch the client (on a Win 7 machine), I get the "Server database not found at: \\server\npvr\npvr.db3" message.
As Graham said, can you see the \\server\npvr share from your client PC? ie, thats were you've told it that it'll find the npvr.db3 file. It sounds there is no share of that name (ie Win10 install might have removed it, and you need to recreate it).

Quote:I'm running npvr 3.6.6
In case you have just upgraded your server, make sure your clients are also upgraded.
sub Wrote:As Graham said, can you see the \\server\npvr share from your client PC? ie, thats were you've told it that it'll find the npvr.db3 file. It sounds there is no share of that name (ie Win10 install might have removed it, and you need to recreate it).

I can see it from the clients, but don't have permission to access it. I can access other shares on the server though.

If I navigate to C:\Users\Public\NPVR and try to share that directory, I get a window that says "Your folder can't be shared" with no details as to why it is broken.

I'm going round in circles right now on tenforums.com trying to figure out what that means.

Quote:In case you have just upgraded your server, make sure your clients are also upgraded.
After Windows 10 on the server broke things, I upgraded server and clients to npvr 3.6.6 hoping that would fix it. Sorry for not divulging that and thanks for bearing with me as you pull details out of me one day at a time Smile
Just got it working. Found a tip that said you have to share C:\Users\Public to be able to share anything below it. That's intuitive. Thanks, Microsoft!