NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Help with Hauupage HD PVR 1212
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had set this up a few days ago and actually had this working when I first installed it, I recorded 1 show on quick record and it worked fine, but then I started to add all my channels and I lost audio so I started messing with the settings and hauupage drivers I used and I can no longer watch live tv or record anything.

nextpvr will change channels and says it is recording or on live tv, but nothing shows up on the screen. The temp file stays empty and when I record the record will also be at 0kb. Once I cancel the recording and try to change the channel or record something else the blaster starts going real slow so it doesn't actually change the channel because there is a delay in each digit and like before it doesn't actually record or do anything although it thinks it changed the channel and its working. What I have to do at that point is delete the hauupage device from my device manager and reboot, then I am back to the point where it will change the channel, but not record anything.

Any ideas? I am using the Hauupage 1.7.30059.1 drivers on windows 8.1. Attached my logs
I'm almost certain it'll be something to do with SPDIF audio. The HDPVR is always more problematic when using this type of audio. A safer bet is probably using RCA audio.
ok I'm going to try that right now. One thing I just noticed in the application event log I have a message that says:

The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device SWD\WPDBUSENUM\{677XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX}#XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I replaced X for a bunch of random numbers.
I think switching to RCA fixed it, hopefully that also gets rid of the blaster becoming unresponsive after trying to record something.

Thanks for your help sub!
Unfortunately the blaster still becomes slow after its done recording. So what happens is the blaster will still work, but it enters the digits too slow so it doesn't change the channel correctly. The first record is fine and everything works, but the second time will record the wrong channel because it doesn't change the channel correctly.
I had reverted the drivers back to the old version which has an issue with the blaster.

Updating the drivers back to the latest 1.7.30059.1 works a bit better, it worked 2 times before the blaster started becoming unresponsive again.
I dont have any control over how quickly the digits are blasted. NextPVR just says "change to 204" and the Hauppauge blaster software takes care of the rest. Maybe look in the Hauppauge BlastCFG utility for configuration options.
sub Wrote:I dont have any control over how quickly the digits are blasted. NextPVR just says "change to 204" and the Hauppauge blaster software takes care of the rest. Maybe look in the Hauppauge BlastCFG utility for configuration options.

Yeah I know its just flakky. I noticed that if I go into the blaster and I hit save it starts responding again. I think hitting save restarts a service or clears some type of cache. I'm going to try to figure out what that does, then I can put it into one of the nextpvr batch files that run after the channel change to reset the ir.
I found the cause of the problem although, I'm not sure why its happening.

The lag only starts happening when I use xbmc with the nextpvr plugin. I have been using my phone for the last few hours and scheduling recordings from the web interface and everything is changing channels correctly and recording properly....