NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Recurring Recording Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
First post. I have loved NextPVR and have been using it for the past 6 months. I have recently been having an issue with recurring recordings. I have had them all set and then the random ones randomly stop working. This week there are 2 show that are at the same time that will not record. They are in the recurring recording menu, but not shown in the pending folder or on the tv guide. I installed 3.6.6 and it still seems to be an issue. I have 4 tuners on 2 pci cards. I am running Windows 10 Pro. The tuners are supported Hauppauge 2250/2255. I have attached my logs as asked. Looking for ideas. I have restarted the recording device and the computer several times (after each change without results). I looked and only saw 1 post on the issue and the patch didn't work for me. Where do I go??????
What is the name/time of a failed recording so we know where to look in the logs?
It was last week Friday (12/4/15). The hour blocks were from 8 pm CST to 10 pm CST and the show names were Hawaii 50 and Blue Bloods on 14.1 KMEG. Today, I had problems between 7 pm CST - 8 pm CST with one show on 14.1 KMEG and another on 44.1 FOX. The show names were The Amazing Race and Master Chef Junior. I've had it happen on 9.1 KSFY on Monday nights from 9 pm CST - 10 pm CST on a show named Castle. I have deleted the shows and tried to put them in again. Sometimes that helped, but it did not today. It did record as a one time record tonight, but would not set up as a recurring record.(between 7 pm CST - 8 pm CST with one show on 14.1 KMEG and another on 44.1 FOX. The show names were The Amazing Race and Master Chef Junior.) Like I said random errors selecting random channels and hours. I thought about uninstalling and reinstalling, but I don't want to lose the data. I looked at the logs and all it said was no EPG data. I have SchedulesDirect and it does show on the tv guide, but doesn't want to record. I hope that helps. I'm good with computers and built my HTPC and all others. I beta test for Microsoft too, but the data just seems to disappear.
So can you see a show in your guide that you think should record, but isn't in your pending recordings?

Hit 'Update EPG' and let it complete, then post the name/time of that show and I'll look in the log why this episode is not scheduling. The usual reason is that it already has this episde recorded, or scheduled at some other time, or this episode was recently deleted. I'll be able to tell this from the log.
I did an Update EPG and the show shows on the tv guide and on the recurring recordings lists, but not on the pending list. Do I need to lose the recording to get a log? I have tried it with record all New episodes and record All episodes with the same issue. It was not recently deleted and I have lost weeks of shows even those it shows as scheduled, but not as pending. It did try to record on in the middle of the night once, but something else was showing. Is the data from Schedules Direct wrong or corrupted? Would a manual update EPG solve this? It hasn't to date. Since it is random and picks different recordings every week, it is a bit difficult to track until the recording was not recorded.
djregehr Wrote:I did an Update EPG and the show shows on the tv guide and on the recurring recordings lists, but not on the pending list.
Great. Post the npvr.log and the name/time of an example show.

Quote: Do I need to lose the recording to get a log?
If a future show isn't in the pending recording list, then it's not going to record. We'll be able to tell why by looking at your logs.
I had a problem similar to this one recording "The This Old House Hour" on PBS. It was setup as a reoccurring recording every Thursday at 7pm (both new or repeats). The problem was the next episode was an episode that had recorded previously, so NextPVR did not schedule to record it again. I did a manual 1 time recording for it anyway and sure enough this was an episode that had recorded about a week before. So NextPVR worked just like it was suppose to.
I have definitely been missing new episodes. I went to setup of a recurring recording today and everything worked fine. The program has crashed 4 times since yesterday afternoon however. Anytime I went to pause a recording I got a black screen and the task manager said that it was unresponsive. I stopped another recording today and got the same thing. I've since restarted the computer again today. The logs were fine as it worked today and are no different than yesterday. When the issue arises again, I'll capture my logs and post them up. If I clear all my tv recordings, I might just uninstall and reinstall nextpvr. Maybe that might help. Don't know and a bit frustrated by since MMC isn't in Windows 10. This is my best option for what I need.
djregehr Wrote:I have definitely been missing new episodes.
As mentioned above, post the npvr.log and the name/time of an example show and we'll take a look. Without the logs, it's pretty much guess work. There isn't any known issues where recordings aren't scheduled, so I'm pretty sure there will be a good reason for it, along the lines of described above.

Quote:The program has crashed 4 times since yesterday afternoon however. Anytime I went to pause a recording I got a black screen and the task manager said that it was unresponsive. I stopped another recording today and got the same thing.
Logs...
Here are my logs. The show that won't record is Castle on ABC on Monday night 9 pm CST - 10 pm CST. The above examples are still valid as well - Master Chef & Amazing Race. Amazing Race is now done with the season as the final show for the season aired last night and no it did not record. I watched it live. It is in the recurring records post, but never showed in the pending. Master Chef did not record on Friday and it was a new never shown episode and it is in the recurring records, but did not show up in the pending. Today it is in the pending for next week. Sporadic and random. I don't know what I'm doing however and it obviously isn't the programs fault as admin stated above even though I have posted 2 sets of logs and still losing programs. Must be operator error. Please point me in the right direction.
Pages: 1 2 3 4