NextPVR Forums

Full Version: ftp location of recordings due to android
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not being able to map an ftp drive from my android box means I can not watch what was recorded there. My windows machine is perfect. Both the android and windows machines are running kodi 15. This allows both to record but only the android box can see all the recordings (back end NextPVR). I can see the ftp drive in kodi but not under recorded tv shows due to the fact that windows wont map an ftp drive. Is there a way to add an ftp drive to the recording locations on NextPVR? This would then work like a homogeneous system.
UncT Wrote:Is there a way to add an ftp drive to the recording locations on NextPVR?
No, not unless the FTP software you're using entirely hides it from the application, and it just like a local filesystem.
So unlike Kodi where we can map an ftp drive - NextPVR does not have that feature?
That'd be done by software outside of NextPVR.
There are programs like netdrive and webdrive that can map an FTP location to a drive letter, but my experience with both programs has been decidedly mixed. This is probably no real fault of the two programs, it's just that the way FTP works does not lend itself well to this sort of file access. I really don't see how you could expect to record to an FTP server even using one of these programs (assuming that's what you're trying to do, I really didn't follow the original post very well).
Johnsonx42, thanks that actually helps. The android box in kodi can record tv to its local drive. This means some of the shows or series shows end up on an android box that is hard to reach (so that it can be watched in another room not where the android box is located). Having NextPVR show the android (ftp is the only way to get to them from other rooms) makes it work kind of like the network sharing on DirectTv. The wife is used to seeing all of her shows listed in any room of the house. I am trying to emulate that. Thanks again I will try those programs and see if I can make it work.
To be honest, I think trying to record to there isn't a great idea, with too much that can go wrong. If you'd like your recordings to end up on the android box, via ftp, it's probably a better idea to create a PostProcessing.bat file, and add the commands to ftp recording to that device when the recording completes.
Sorry it took a while to get my head around this. You are 100% right it does not record on the android box. I have downloaded some TV shows there and thought it was from my tuner. I needed to set the ftp drive letter for playback of the shows not recording. I think I have it sorted out now. Trying to make the WAF (wife acceptance factor) high is really hard on Kodi boxes. DirectTV has done a really good job (after 25 years) of doing this and I am trying to catch up. Thanks again guys.