NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Window 10 wake/sleep/wake/sleep... hang!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, my 3.6.6, NPVR is requesting wakes at a time where I think no recordings are scheduled.

At around 1am onward 25/12/15 there seem to be a salvo of NPVR requests to wake.

When this occurs, the PC is unresponsive the next morning.

Happy Xmas t all and many thanks

jim
I see this repeated ...

Quote:2015-12-25 01:00:55.865 [DEBUG][43] Resuming...
2015-12-25 01:00:55.954 [DEBUG][6] cycling MVP servers
2015-12-25 01:00:55.955 [DEBUG][6] Starting MVP server 0
2015-12-25 01:01:04.115 [DEBUG][10] Recording service noted the system was resuming...
2015-12-25 01:01:04.115 [DEBUG][10] No C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Scripts\Wakeup.bat

I read this to be NextPVR saying that "the system has woken" and not "I woke the system" ... Is there something else that could have woken the system?
at administrator command prompt, run >powercfg -lastwake to find out the culprit waking your system.
Will do, but Windows Event Viewer seems to indicate NPVR woke the system.

I'm also trying to eliminate WOL and wireless kb/mouse.
Is this perhaps the scheduled EPG update? There is an issue at least on W10 at the moment that this update doesn't always complete properly, so when the machine is woken the following morning the update finally completes, but this can cause a few minutes of busyness. The fix for me was to reduce WakeupPreRecordingSeconds to 20, though others have had success by configuring Windows to stay awake for longer. Sub says he's fixed the problem properly for the next release. See this thread... http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...witch-quot
jpsa Wrote:Sub says he's fixed the problem properly for the next release.
FYI, that fix is included in recent versions of NShared.dll I've posted as patches to other people's problems.
Sub: Can you post this file as an update or point to where it can be found. Its proving to be difficult to locate.