NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Fresh install of NPVR 3.6.6....but I cannot get the EPG to work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been a user of NPVR for a long time, but the server where I had it running "went fallow" sometime back.

So, I did a complete uninstall of the old version and put a new install on it tonight.

Basically, I am wanting to record ATSC (using the now ancient HVR-1600).

I can watch LIVE TV just fine, but after setting up the Device and Channels...and mapping the XMLTV file assignments (as I have always done in the past), I do an "Update EPG".

Then, back to the main screen, click on TV Guide and..."(no show description)" for everything..all channels...all times.

What am I doing wrong? This is frustrating.
Surely in 10 years of using GB-PVR and NextPVR, you heard something about posting logs with problems like this? I suppose you want me to just take a guess?

ok... what are you using to generate your XMLTV file? I'm guessing MC2XML, with the legacy microsoft service? Doesn't work any more, listings ended 6 months ago. Use Schedules Direct.
Well, I must have been having a "brain fart" as they say.

Yes, it was MC2XML that I was using.

Will switch to Schedules Direct.

Thanks!
Another option is Zap2xml, which I just configured with NextPVR.
zap2xml

You need to create an account as explained on the website and setup a little .bat file like so:
C:
cd “C:\EPG”
zap2xml.exe -u <user email> -p <pwd>

I used this site as a guide...... Smile

Now if I can just get NextPVR to let me select my MPEG2 decoder.... Wink
Thanks for pointing me to that option.

Right now I am using NPVR on the OTA channels here (do not have a tuner that will handle my encrypted cable yet), so this worked good for me.

Happy New Year!
I use NextPVR to view my local OTA digital channels and originally tried living with the results of the OTA DVB/ATSC EPG. However, the sporadic nature of this data encouraged me to keep looking for an alternate means of creating & managing a more reliable XMLTV file on my machine. In this thread;
http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...mp-Zap2xml
Erdrick provides a nice step-by-step guide to getting Zap2it & Zap2xml working with NextPVR. The one oddity is that zap2xml.exe needs hooks into Perl's TimeDate function to be able to parse the raw dataset, so you'll want/need to install ActivePerl to get this working.