NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Windows 10: Intermittent Recording Failure: UK TV Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thank you for the NextPVR software and the friendly community.

I have an issue where I try and record a TV show only for the recording to record either the prior last few minutes of the previous show or perhaps the first 10 minutes of target show and then stop. The recording apparently continues until the end, but the file that is produced (only includes the first few minutes). I find this issues arise about 1 in 3 times but I am unsure as to the cause or how to fix the issue. If anyone could assist, thank you.

P: AMD Quad-Core
RC: TBS 6982 DVBS/S2
FN: Tinker Bell and the Secret of the Wings
jamestm Wrote:I have an issue where I try and record a TV show only for the recording to record either the prior last few minutes of the previous show or perhaps the first 10 minutes of target show and then stop.

The NextPVR Recording Service creates processes that connect to the tuner and create the recording. Typically, there is one such process for each tuner. These processes create the ndigitalhost logs ... but, there are no such logs dated 31/12 when the show was recorded. Is "Use out-of-process digital recording" still ticked on ... http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?....Recording
Thank you for the response. I did untick that option (recently) to try and resolve the issue myself, but I will reselect the option and test further.

I ve had the issue for a few weeks, basically since I upgraded to Windows 10 but that could simply be a coincidence.
jamestm Wrote:FN: Tinker Bell and the Secret of the Wings
The nrecord.log has ...

Quote:2015-12-31 08:56:01.559 [DEBUG][10] Started recording (1421:9:C:\Users\Public\Videos\Tinker Bell and the Secret of the Wings\Tinker Bell and the Secret of the Wings_20151231_09001005.ts)
2015-12-31 08:56:01.587 [DEBUG][10] No C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Scripts\ParallelProcessing.bat
2015-12-31 09:15:11.856 [DEBUG][11] Pre EPG Update
2015-12-31 09:15:31.860 [DEBUG][11] About to update EPG
2015-12-31 09:15:31.885 [DEBUG][11] Updating EPG...
2015-12-31 09:15:31.911 [DEBUG][11] No C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Scripts\UpdateEPG.bat file found
2015-12-31 09:15:31.911 [DEBUG][11] Checking for any XMLTV listings
2015-12-31 09:15:31.939 [DEBUG][11] Will process xmltv file: C:\Users\James\AppData\Local\Geekzone\EPG Collector\TVGuide.xml
2015-12-31 09:15:31.942 [DEBUG][11] Will process xmltv file: C:\Users\James\AppData\Local\Geekzone\EPG Collector\RadioGuide.xml
2015-12-31 09:15:31.943 [DEBUG][11] Loading XMLTV from: C:\Users\James\AppData\Local\Geekzone\EPG Collector\TVGuide.xml
2015-12-31 09:15:37.912 [DEBUG][11] Loading XMLTV from: C:\Users\James\AppData\Local\Geekzone\EPG Collector\RadioGuide.xml

Is EPG Collector colliding with the recording on one of the tuners?
I run EPG Collector an hour before I have NextPVR automatically update the xml files. I thought that would be OK?

I have run another test, this time with the show “Wallace and Gromit The Wrong Trousers” again NextPVR recorded only the first few minutes of the show.

I believe I had reticked the “Use out-of-process digital recording" option before this recording. Thank you for your help.
jamestm Wrote:I have run another test, this time with the show “Wallace and Gromit The Wrong Trousers” again NextPVR recorded only the first few minutes of the show.
Not a clue ... The recording is in the ndigitalhost log file and I can't see any errors in the log ... I would suspect some kind of reception problem. What happens if you play the recording file in VLC?
The file that is produced is very small c. 90mb the video footage does show some interlacing but again this is the pre-show buffer footage. I am using the latest SAF6 - Stand Alone Filters v.6.
Sadly I have to report the same issue today and I also run EPG collector in case it is connected. NextPVR only rerecorded the first few minutes of "National Treasure Book of Secrets"

I have attached all logs and can see that "National Treasure Book of Secrets" is shown in the Nrecord.log I can see that my EPG update starts 10 minutes after the program scheduled record time.
Could this be something to do with the failure?

The other creepy thing is that as soon as I watched the first few minutes that had been recorded the file was removed by Npvr without my intervention!

I recently updated from 3.5.7 and do not recall having an issue before like this.

Npvr 3.6.6
Beamer Wrote:The other creepy thing is that as soon as I watched the first few minutes that had been recorded the file was removed by Npvr without my intervention!

I recently updated from 3.5.7 and do not recall having an issue before like this.
It wouldn't have deleted the recording by itself.

If you have 'prompt for delete at the end of playback' selected on the Settings->Misc2 screen, it'll popup a box asking you'd like to delete the recording. I'm guessing you've somehow ok'd this.
jamestm Wrote:I have run another test, this time with the show “Wallace and Gromit The Wrong Trousers” again NextPVR recorded only the first few minutes of the show.
It looks like it's recorded from 14:16:03 to 14:57:00. If you haven't got that hour long recording, it's probably because your device wasn't delivering data during that entire period. Like Graham said, maybe reception issues?