NextPVR Forums

Full Version: No EPG or channels, using Quad TBS 6284 DVB-T2 Freeview tuner card (PCI)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm moving off WMC (WMC deactivated from the pc) I have a Win7 Headless PC (4Gb RAM & i5), running over gbe cabled LAN, Win7 is running Plex and also trying to install NXTPVR, pushing content to Samsung smart TV's. Plex works ace (I upgraded / pay for Plex Pass to support their work). I intend to do the same with NextPVR when I have working well.

But, even though TBS tuners say enabled (Quad TBS 6284 DVB-T2) unfortunately when I scan for channels in the PC NEXTPVR interface, nothing happens. I've updated location for devices/tuners with UK / London Crystal Palace (from drop down menu), but none of the 4 tuners picks up any channel, I've tried a few scans, but they complete and no data (WMC worked fine with the TBS tuner card). I'm a newbie to NEXT-PVR, so would appreciate any guidance please? (I've attached logs with this thread)

Cheers, Julian
Maybe try scanning with United Kingdom/All Channels-Frequencies...

Alex
ACTCMS Wrote:Maybe try scanning with United Kingdom/All Channels-Frequencies...

Alex

Thanks Alex. I tried that, but still didn't work. then thought, I didn't reboot after install, and tried that and re scanned and now have 121 channels found. Cant seem to play live tv (just a blank screen), but thats a different topic that I'll read forums before bugging anyone. appreciate your guidance.
It may be that a scan on Crystal Palace may now work - post your NPVR log from the successful scan and I'll check.

Your problem with playing live TV may just be a problem with the decoders you have selected... Have you tried doing a recording and checking if it has created a file longer that 0 bytes?

Alex